Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the add on Classic Arms for 91/30 sniper rifles?

"WE DON'T HAVE THESE RIFLES VERY OFTEN, BUT WHENEVER WE ARE ABLE TO OFFER THEM THEY ARE HUGELY POPULAR. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE A FEW IN STOCK AND THEY ARE PROBABLY THE NICEST LOT I HAVE EVER SEEN. 7.62X54R CALIBER, WITH ORIGINAL SCOPE, BAYONET AND ACCESSORY PACKAGE. THE SCOPES ALONE ON THESE ARE WOTH $300.00. GORGEOUS RIFLES , GREAT BORES. HISTORICALLY ACCURATE. THESE ARE SURE TO GAIN IN VALUE AND MAY BE THE LAST SNIPERS EVER.
M91/30 SNIPER....... $449.95
SPECIAL QUANTITY PRICE...2 OR MORE..... $425.00"

Any idea if these are authentic or Repros? Most authentic I've seen were running about 800.00 or more. I did notice they say "historically accurate". Been saving to buy an authentic sniper from Rguns, saw this add. Don't want to buy one thinking it is real to find out it is a repro.

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,192 Posts
Repro PU sniper rifle. If you wartch the board sponsor ads from InterOrdnance they sometimes have the PU repro rifles for $349 or $399. All repro's are not created equal so if you decide to pyurchase one be sure it has all steel base and mount vs aluminum. The aluminum set ups do not look very authentic and are not as durable as the steel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx guys...guess I'll continue tucking cash aways til I can order one from RGuns......appreciate the info....sorry about repeating a question that has already been asked.

·
Silver Bullet member
187 Posts
Reproductios being equal

I agree with AKBlue. You have to careful and ask questions from the dealer before buying. I was very lucky with the one I received from SOG a couple of years Ago. Nice repro PU 1943 Izhevsk. Good wood and scope mount and base were steel. I had it at the range today to rezero the scope. The targets were at 25 meters. I believe it will do better(rifle) but my old eyes and shakes can't.
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.