Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,628 Posts
n10, yes, both are 7/8" scope tubes. While the semi-split rings will work on the M81/82 Lyman style (because you can remove the rear bell) only the full split ones will work on the M84 series. M73B1 and 330's are 3/4" again semi-split. Hope this helps - Skid

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, guess i need to buy some full split ones somewhere. any idea where other than epay. i have a 1903a4 with a m82 scope which is off getting cleaned and i recently bought a m84 scope with the hope of getting a m1d sans scope one day.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,628 Posts
n10, ebay the best for quick purchase, and at least with pictures you can see what you are getting. Try the trader board here WTB section. Then haunt the little parts boxes at gunshows. I have a box I set out at gunshows, guys who know me go there first to see if anything new (always is) then check out the rest of my table. Another source is older gun shops, a lot of times they have boxes of "take offs" that they will let you paw through. I have bought scopes with the rings I wanted and sold the scope later for the same price - Free rings. Remember the bases and rings used were just commercial pressed into service. Early blued, later parkerized, both correct. Just gave you a lot of secrets - will probably be thrown out of the Secret Sniper Club!! Good Luck - Skid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts