Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I did but I have nothing to compare it too since this is the first I came upon and was in the "had to have it" mode which almost always burns me. I got it on epay paid 800, its minus the cross hairs but I have a guy that will fix that for 75. Just got it today and the tube is a little more dinged up on the ends and there is some pitting on the end and a little in the middle. Problem with these is there isn't a many around to compare prices with. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
749 Posts
M73 B1

A couple of questions:

1. Did it come with rings?
2. Leaving the known problems aside for a minute does condition of the finish roughly approximate that of your rifle?
3. Is the model number stamped on the data plate?

If you can answer yes to two or more of the above you made out. Don't worry be happy!

On two recent CMP auctions two a4's (with M84's yet!) went for over $8,000 and $9,000. respectively..and they were nothing special.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not Too Bad

You paid at the upper end, especially with the crosshair issues, but overall you seem happy so I wouldn't worry about it. A set of lens caps will cover up the wear on the end, and I am sure that is where the wear (like that?) is from anyway.

Nice looking rifle. If you think you paid too much today you probably did, but in a few years you will look back and say WOW, I remember when you could buy one of those for....???!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Orginal.

I found it in a gun shop listed as a sporter 03a3. Picked it up just to look at it and notice front sight was never there, strange bent bolt, and the marking were readable, Bingo! $200 bucks out the door. Just need a stock, rings and scope. Turned out to cost me more then I thought but still I am well under what it would cost to buy one. The serial number is about halfway in the first block barrel I think is 3/43 4 groove punch mark under neat front sight area. Redfield base has never been off the original stake marks are there with no others visible. Bolt has been reparked so I went with a rebuilt rilfe look. Stock is an orgingal C with RA # FJA with a rebuild mark stamped right on top. Not perfect but its "real".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts