Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Mauser forum with no replys. How do you remove the the the pin that holds the top of the sight on? Do you punch it out with a punch?

·
Gold Bullet member
751 Posts
Good question. You SHOULD be able to just push it out with a punch... However, mine wouldn't come out so I used more and more force until the piece attached to the barrel that holds the sight just bent out. I was lucky that the weld held up and I was able to bend it back in place. The pin was actually a part of the sight and was not removable (hm, Maybe I can pull it out instead of pushing...)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that doesn't sound good. I would think that someone on this forum has done this without the problem you had. Love the rifle but not the sights. (old eyes)Thanks

·
Banned
1,452 Posts
You're talking about the rear sight right?
Ok, I've done a couple of M48s and a Yugo SKS so the two may get blended together here. One of those may not have a removeable pin, try removing the rear sight "blade" first, that may solve the problem. If it comes out, no pin. It's held in by spring pressure, push down on the end where it pivots and pull it towards you.
Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts