Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I find The Soviet Mosin-Nagant Manual, translated by Terence Lapin, to be helpful and entertaining. It has the Soviet's procedures on zeroing the M91/30 and M44, including the math on bullet deflection per front sight movement.

I have posted a small excerpt of the deflection figures here, and other places other places on Gunboards in the recent past. And cdhais1986's recommendations match the book and Gunboard consensus: shoot it with bayonet extended. Enjoy shooting your M44.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try http://www.gunmanuals.net.

As for sighting in an M44, only thing I would recommend is shooting it with the bayonet extended.
Thanks for the info. I am waiting on the bayonet from the person I got the rifle from. He wasn't sure if he stilll had it or not. So as soon as he returns from vaction I am going to try to go out and shot it.

SO if I get this correctly, there is no actual "sighting in" adjustments on the open sight to adjust say shooting, high or low, left or right?. Am I correct

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find The Soviet Mosin-Nagant Manual, translated by Terence Lapin, to be helpful and entertaining. It has the Soviet's procedures on zeroing the M91/30 and M44, including the math on bullet deflection per front sight movement.

I have posted a small excerpt of the deflection figures here, and other places other places on Gunboards in the recent past. And cdhais1986's recommendations match the book and Gunboard consensus: shoot it with bayonet extended. Enjoy shooting your M44.
Time to order the book! Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am waiting on the bayonet from the person I got the rifle from. He wasn't sure if he stilll had it or not. So as soon as he returns from vaction I am going to try to go out and shot it.

SO if I get this correctly, there is no actual "sighting in" adjustments on the open sight to adjust say shooting, high or low, left or right?. Am I correct
I think you might need the sight adjustment tool for fine tuning it, I'm sure other members will chime in and correct/advise you further about that. Are you sure it is an M44 though? M44's have the bayonets attached, perhaps you mean an M38? In the pic of mine, top one is an M44 (note the attached side-folder bayonet) and bottom is an M38.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you might need the sight adjustment tool for fine tuning it, I'm sure other members will chime in and correct/advise you further about that. Are you sure it is an M44 though? M44's have the bayonets attached, perhaps you mean an M38? In the pic of mine, top one is an M44 (note the attached side-folder bayonet) and bottom is an M38.
My barrel has m44 stamped on it. It has the lug for the bayo and screw, but thebayo is nt on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.