Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to DYNOMIKE's post and link.

I have tried loading with a full mag and one at a time. No success. As I noted earlier, I have even swapped out the magazine with others.

OK, So what about the Interuptor Link on the left side of the receiver? Something is missing here that is causing this to happen in this particular rifle.

· Registered
102 Posts
So Far I have NOT found the problem..
As Noted numerous attempts have been made with Bolts, Bolt Heads, Mags Swaps, Chamber Cleaning, Etc....
NOTHING to date has resolved the issue athough I have come to the conclusion that it is EXTRACTOR related..
You will notice my Reference to Case RIM Measurements and their variances.. When the RIM measurement is under a Certain dimension Feeding, Chambering, and EXTRACTION are PERFECT.. The Gun ALSO shoots/Works perfectly When I remove the Bolt and snap a Round under the extractor and feed from the rear of the receiver.. NO ISSUES at all when doing this..
For ME it is not a Mag/Feed issue as the Rounds are Picked up cleanly and moved forward towards the Chamber in what I believe to be the Correct manner, since the MOSIN is NOT a Controlled FEED System ALA Mauser the Round is NOT under the extractor until you close the bolt and the Extractor SNAPS over the Rim anyway.. I have done this process (SLOWLY) many times and there is an Audible SNAP when this happens, with MY 44 this is the PROBLEM AREA..
I plan on trying something another member mentioned here and that is to REMOVE the extractor and try to chamber a Round. IF this works and I suspect it will it would pretty much confirm my Theory, although it would NOT fix it..
Someone has sugeested REMOVING the Extractor and Tweaking it (Like a .45 Extractor) and I will try this as well..
When I first posted my Issue three years ago, It SEEMED I was the ONLY one experiencing this anomaly? MAYBE we will ALL be able to figure out and then help others with what we learn?

Since the extractor snaps over the rim. There must be something stopping it inside of the barrelled receiver. Maybe the barrel was removed, cutback slightly and not indexed properly. Or the notch for the extractor is not in the right place or not machined deeply enough.

· Registered
102 Posts
Jim,

Can you please describe what an "Interuptor Link" is exactly? I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks for your help.
I forgot that the Mosin chambered on closing. The interuptor link holds the rounds down in the magazine so that they do not all go flying out.

A few years back I recall someone saying that they ground down the outer corner of the extrractor so that it would not bind on the receiver. Maybe you could try that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.