Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a repro m41b to use for CMP sniper matches. Wanted an original but just dont have the cash to put down right now. rifle shoots extremely well. cant quite figure out how to remove the scope from the mount. i have several long side rail 98k snipers and its just a simple matter of just pulling the lever back and sliding the mount off. this one wont budge at all, neither the base or the lever. just wondering if i'm just missing something?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind, got it. just took quite a bit of brute force. must have been sitting on there a while

·
Registered
615 Posts
Some shooter do not remove the scope they leave it on the rifle and keep shooting. Due to the recoil it might get more and more pushed forward deeper into the dovetail and jams. After a while it becomes really hard to slide the scope off the base. If that happens do not use force on the lever!
Use the stop bolt/nut assy. that is installed pointing forward on the 90 degree stop that is welded on the front side of the base.
Back off the nut and turn the bolt further in until it touches the scope mount keep slowly turning the bolt. The bolt will push the scope base off the dovetail without taking the risk of damaging/breaking the lever. This procedure is the recommended procedure to clear the scope off the dovetail in the Swedish military manual. After the Scope is freed the recoil stop assy. (bolt and nut) has to be re-adjusted with the scope installed to show a small gap between scope mount and bolt/nut assy. before shooting the rifle.

Any dirt between the scope mount and base should be cleaned and the surface slightly oiled.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is how i was eventually able to get it off. mount is slightly different than the m41 mount but similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts