Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi there

Ah, the Swede sniper carbine. Turn to page 103 in Dana's book and you'll see some pics. The calibration, as I'm sure you know, was with a trajectory plate on the side of the stock, or in this case a decal. They used two bullets, a 156gr and 139 gr. Tell you what I'll do. I'll clean up that puppy and see what I can do with it. I'll also shoot that m41, that none of you seem to like and see what it'll do.

Reeve Weber
I would be interested in a range report on the m41 as I'm interested in the rifle. Would be more interested if you had a m41 with an aga44 scope as I already have a m41 aga42 and a m41b.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,680 Posts
Dan : The AGA M-42 scope is numbered on the focus ring .

Reeve : All of the Swede sniper scopes would be calibrated for the bullet drop of the M-41 ammo in a 29 inch barrel ( 100 to 800 meters ) . On the AGA M-44 scope , the ring on the elevation turret is calibrated 100 to 800 meters for the M-41 ammo . This ring would have to be changed or have additional markings if shooting M-41 ammo in a 17.7 inch barrel .

Does your elevation ring have additional markings or can you tell if you have a differant calibrated ring from your other AGA M-44 scopes ? I doubt that anyone has gone to that much trouble .

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Range report for m/41

I would be interested in a range report on the m41 as I'm interested in the rifle. Would be more interested if you had a m41 with an aga44 scope as I already have a m41 aga42 and a m41b.
I struggled with the scope mount which had a tendency to slide back after each shot. This problems was solved with the Ajack set screws and gave much better results. Better optics helped too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there

No, the scope and/or data plate is not calibrated for a 17.7 inch barrel. Please be assured, I didn't do anything. This one I picked up quite a few years ago.

By the way, I'm having problems with my computer. Took me a while to get here, like about one hour.

Reeve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there all

I think I have the computer problem solved, or at least I hope so. Here's the range report on the m41 in question and the sniper carbine. The m41 at 100 yds, it was way high, point of aim was below the target. Group of five rds is high left, just over 2" inches. The sniper carbine group is in the black at 6 o'clock, seven round group. The carbine was low at 100yds, so point of aim was at 6 o'clock, bottom of the black. The turret was on the 300 meter mark to print at 100 yds. Group is just over 2" inches. Load is 43.5 grs of H-414 with a 139gr Norma fmj. This is the first time I've shot either one of these. See pics attached.

Reeve

·
9,680 Posts
They are pretty good groups for surplus firearms . You may get some better results trying other loads . I would be happy with both of them .

Wait a while & put your sniper up for auction again . One time you may get no bidders and another time you may have numerous bidders . Just a matter of having your auction at the same time that a buyer wants a sniper .

Good luck .

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,424 Posts
Hello swede & Co. :
Do any of you gentlemen happen to have an extra Sweede scope and mount for a M-41 rifle ?. I found the rifle at the Tulsa show in 10/'05 CG 1908 #224441, matching.
The receiver has two sets of holes, one would be for the original German base such as pictured on Crown Jewels fig.186; the base in my rifle is more rectangular like the one pictured on the carbine sniper fig.202 .
Either the Ajax or AGA scope assembly would be ok with me, I would like to have this rifle complete.
You can reach me at : [email protected] 909-875-3711.
Thanks for your consideration.
Vicasoto

·
9,680 Posts
Sorry to tell you that a Swedish or Ajack scope & mount will sell for more than a complete M-41b sniper . I see them on auction about 4 times a year . They sell in the $1000 to $1500 range & won't match your rifle . The dovetail probably won't fit either . Better to buy a correct sniper to start with .

I will send you a PM for one with a link if it is still current .

·
9,680 Posts
I would be VERY suspicious of that rifle !!!! The dowels locate the base in a permanent position , while the 3 screws hold it on the receiver . The 3 locking screws were originally used , but later omited in favor of staking the screw heads in position .

First question , do the dowel holes go through the receiver ????????
Second , do you see fresh white metal where the 3 tapped holes come through the receiver ????????

Without seeing it myself , sounds like the work of Bubba ? Can you post some closeup photos ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unfortunately all I know at this point is what I can see from the one image I have.

The seller, who has a very good reputation and im sure wouldnt want to risk it guarantees that it is a WW2 converted rifle (plus I know of M41B's people have purchased from him which turned out to be authentic and very, very nice rifles - and many others who have purchased other rifles and been pleased).

If the holes for the dowles are infact present in the reciever as well as the mount (obviously with no shiney new metal) I guess this could suggest that it is genuine but may have been stripped down at some point and pins ommitted on re-assembly; I bet they would be hard to get back once removed....

·
9,680 Posts
There were some M-41 snipers in the USA which had been taken out of service & had the bases removed . Could be one of those that someone found a scope , mount & base for it . If there are dowel holes in the receiver , check closely to see if they are in line with the base . They are standard 3m/m dowels ( .118" ) .

·
9,680 Posts
Another AGA M-42 sniper in Sweden !

One of our members ask me to post his AGA M-42 scope , number 1008 , which extends the previous high production number of 914 . Nice looking scope & mount .

·
Gold Bullet member
576 Posts
I would be interested but would need some good pics, an asking price, and do you have any references from other boards? Nothing personal but since this is your first post here a little ref check would help.

·
9,680 Posts
It would not take much to wring it off , or have you lost the screw that holds it in place or stripped the threads ? Not a thick enough wall thickness to helicoil the thread .

Check your PM .

21 - 40 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.