Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm away from home and my copy of crown jewels. All m41 and m41b would have set screws for the main screws on the scope mount. I can't see any reason not to have them unless the scope was put on by somebody other than the military. All the scope mount screws should be inletted to take set screws. Am I correct in these assumptions?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just curious about a rifle that is for sale. something about the rifle just sit right with me which is why i asked the questions. it has the cuts to allow the set screws but there are none present and the mount screws aren't cut to accept set screws. also, the pins for the mount are not installed. i guess i was questioning the authenticity of the rifle. it kinda seems like a put together rifle. also, didn't most of the m41's have unit disc and not bore discs as this one has a bore disc in place. like i said, i don't have crown jewels present to look it up so i figured i'd ask here. below is a pic of the mount.

speaking of which, i'm looking for a set screw or two if anybody has any.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for replying coyote. just curious how you knew the thread was here since you just joined? i'm more interested in the rifle just for the scope and i emailed you through the auction with my questions.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi there

Ah, the Swede sniper carbine. Turn to page 103 in Dana's book and you'll see some pics. The calibration, as I'm sure you know, was with a trajectory plate on the side of the stock, or in this case a decal. They used two bullets, a 156gr and 139 gr. Tell you what I'll do. I'll clean up that puppy and see what I can do with it. I'll also shoot that m41, that none of you seem to like and see what it'll do.

Reeve Weber
I would be interested in a range report on the m41 as I'm interested in the rifle. Would be more interested if you had a m41 with an aga44 scope as I already have a m41 aga42 and a m41b.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.