Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This build has been finished for a little while but was a few years in the making. It is built on a correct "E" prefix Remington 700 SA receiver with a Schneider barrel. The barreled action is bedded in a USMC return stock with matching bottom metal. The mount, ring, and SIMRAD cap are TMA reproductions. The scope was acquired from CMP and does not have the USO modification. The rifle was built by a former 2112 and even has the period correct RTE-P stamp on the barrel. I still haven't had a chance to get it out to the range but will try to update the post when that happens.

·
Super Moderator
7,305 Posts
That is a thing of beauty Brian, you need to bring that to Henry county this May.

Reactions: Raupleminze

·
Gold Bullet member
11,076 Posts
Beautiful rifle! I hope it shoots as good as it looks!

Reactions: Raupleminze

·
Gold Bullet member
13,738 Posts
Did they use a McMillian HS Precision stock? I have a spare since I took it off my Remington PS, which did not significantly improvement in accuracy over the M40 type walnut stock. The walnut is back and have a accurange on it for the M40 look. Afraid to shot a real M40, likely an Airforce issued gun.

Nice rifle OP.

·
Premium Member
105,696 Posts
Nice!

I picked up a CMP Unertl for a future M40a3 build. Just lookin for a 2 knob cheek rest McMillan A4.
You're going to look for a while. They haven't made any for a long time.

·
Premium Member
105,696 Posts
Did they use a McMillian HS Precision stock? I have a spare since I took it off my Remington PS, which did not significantly improvement in accuracy over the M40 type walnut stock. The walnut is back and have a accurange on it for the M40 look. Afraid to shot a real M40, likely an Airforce issued gun.

Nice rifle OP.
They used McMillan stocks. HS Precision was never used.

Reactions: mike radford

·
Premium Member
105,696 Posts
Doesnt GA Precision or TBA have them in there builds? Where do they get em

They bought batches. And I am sure they will run out at some point. Maybe already. I don't know.

Reactions: GaryThompson

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like your build, did you do the paintjob?
Thanks! No that wasn't me. The scope was likely painted by the marine who had it on a rifle. The stock shows signs of being painted a similar tan color at some point in its service. I believe the current camo on the stock is molded into the fiberglass if that is what you are referring to.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The experimental T-20 Garand build that I’m doing will get a WW2 camo job like yours. This is what I’m aiming for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts