Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

· Dose the yugo M48 barrel lined chromed? If not what s it ?
· I JUST GOT AN m48 and cleaned it and OOOO BOY lots of dark patches…. So what I did I looked at the barrel from inside and it was dark as hell…. So I soaked it with HOPPES # 9 . for overnight.
I hope it s not rust …….

Help needed …ADVICE ME

Thanks

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
No, no Chrome!Yugoslavia did not have access or money to spend on Chrome, so there Guns never had Chrome lined Barrels! However there Yugo M-57 Pistol does have a Special type of Chrome impregnated Barrel and that is it!

Many WW2 weapons also had no Chrome Barrels, just Steel, no problems if cleaned good mainly after using corr ammo!

·
Silver Bullet member
837 Posts
A shinny bore does not make a good shooter every time. Keep cleaning with the Hoppes and a brass brush, then go shoot it, I have sever very dark bores that shoot fine. You may want to check into a DIY electro bore cleaner.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
The rifle may not have been religiously cleaned after each shooting. It's very likely that your bore is dark and pitted but as madcratebuilder points out, a shiney bore is not necessary for a good shooter. A dark and pitted bore is just a bigger PITA to clean after each trip to the range. I have had some pretty dark bores that cleaned up pretty good after sending 15-20 rounds down range in rapid succession and then running some cleaning patches thru the bore. Then again, I have one rifle that never did improve much at all so it is a bit of a crap shoot....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts