Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just gifted me a M4 Mortar Sight with leather and wood M14 carrying case. It was used on WWII 81mm and 60mm mortars. I think his Uncle left it to him years ago (he's a bit older than me). The sight is mint, the leather is a little dry but in great shape. I thought it was significantly newer until I did a little research. Now I'm afraid to accept it as a gift due to my perception of it's value, but the last one I saw sold online was several years ago and the price was blanked out. Can anyone here help me out with a current estimate of worth? I feel the need to reciprocate like value or tactfully return it.
Thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts
Mortar Sight

I am a member of the boards here. I HAVE NO CONNECTION with this individual, but he is knowlegable and honest John Spangler at oldguns.net. He will probably be able to help you Good luck and Merry Christmas.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,573 Posts
Yea, John will know........knew him back in the "good old days" in Tidewater Va.
See if you can find Hayes's catalog, he may have one for sale?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tidewater VA??? Used to be stationed down there and helped out at Robert House's place, Tidewater Military Trader's. John's name is not familiar, but the it was a while back and I've never been good with names. I'll try to get ahold of him. Thank you.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,573 Posts
If you worked at Roberts we might know each other. He moved his shop to a larger and better location. Has room for an auction and other swap meets ,ECT. Have not been back in a while but we email every week and keep up to with everyone. Still a member of HRMS.Known Robert for 25-30 years? as our Dads knew each other way back in the 60's.
Knew John from the Old Scope gun shows.........man , those were the days...........Bill Ricca used to be there.....That was when Doug ran the show, he's kind of busy with LBT now.....remember Bill Reid?......now that was the 70's....Doug and Bill used to bring MGs out to our farm to blast":D
PM me.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts