Gunboards Forums banner

M39 SkY on GB

3K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  willyj73 
#1 ·
Wow. Selling for over $1200. Glad I didn't sell mine last year.

Triangle Screenshot Font Software Web page

See less See more
#11 ·
Boy, you can tell you guys are young. I used to buy these for under a hundred bucks from CIA back in the mid 90's. Heck the U-Fix-Ums were $24.87 delivered. I got a perfect 1967 for that price that was only missing a floor plate with follower.

Of course, now I'm sick that I sold most of my Finn's a few years ago. I'm afraid to look at what they brought on Gunbroker. 39's were a couple hundred bucks with the CG stuff and 27's a little more.

The Burns/Classic deal was what blew the 39 market out of the water. I still don't understand why a 39 will bring more than a 28-30. Not always, but most of the time.

Oh well, I made good money. I had an 01 FFL at that time and sold a few hundred Finn's in the late '90's.
Times change ----------isn't that an understatement.

#15 ·
I picked up an early one, no date, from my neighbor about four years ago. I traded him a K31 and tossed in some ammo. At the time it was an even deal, not sure what K31's go for today. I paid $89 for the K31 in about 2005 or so. He paid $100 for the M28/30 at a local auction I turned him on to. That was about five years ago.

#17 ·
I never took the jump into Finn rifles. Looks like now I never will. Glad you fellas got some good ones before the market spike happened.
I’ll go back to petting my Arisakas now. Always thought a Finn Mosin would be a good investment as a shooter at least. I guess my boat sailed.

Reactions: Str8pull
#20 ·
About five years ago, when I began dispersing my collection, I started with SKS's, then my combloc Mosins. Did well for then, but held on to my Finns as I thought their market lagged behind the others. Glad I did and it looks like a great time to begin moving 30+ I have. I wish shipping weren't such a hassle.

#22 ·
It's supply and demand. Prices will level off when the supply meets demand as others start to sell off at the perceived high price. If the demand still outpaces supply with prices still skyrocketing those that sold will be sorry. Their prized collections gone, and now holding paper that's worth less every day.
I personally would not sell anything unless I had something I wanted to buy right then. I don't care how high prices go.

#33 ·
I told wifey how much my Mosins are worth now. She said, "How would you know? You have never sold anything in your life." Not true I said. I sold one m39 to an active Marine for $140. So she asks, "How much did you pay for it" $140. I could not make a profit off a Marine. That is just me from my time in Vietnam in 1968 in the Navy Seabees. I have given a 91/30 and an m44 to a nephew. I also have a 91/30 to my gunsmith. He would not charge me for working on my guns because his father was also a Vietnam Seabee Vet. He said his father would give him hell. I also gave him a 91/30 stock set to restore his father's rifle that he had cut the stock and threw away the hand guard. So, now they both have complete rifles. The rifle I paid $69, and the stock and handguard $15 "back in the day".

Reactions: bmont and tcintxx2
#24 · (Edited)
My oldest son will have my collection. He has the interest. My interest in collecting has increased because of him. He knows much more than I do. My youngest son, has little to no interest, and my daughter, is like... get rid of them, but she understands value. I've been in Cabelas when the widow, brings in the prized bring back, to dump it. That hurts! Your right it is relative, but if it only is sold because the price is high, I think you would be sorry later.
I'm single and 68.

#28 ·
Wow. Selling for over $1200. Glad I didn't sell mine last year.

View attachment 3923289

There are some others on the site like an M28 to M/28-30 upgrade with a bolt mismatch and the seller has a couple of other items that are through the roof. $1800+ with issues. There's an rv listed for 4k. I have two originals I'd like to find to supplement the refurbs I have for an M28 and M27 but while funds are there, these prices are now heading toward matching Mauser. Even the post war, CMP, restocked/rebuilt Garands have jumped quite a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.