Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
It's supply and demand. Prices will level off when the supply meets demand as others start to sell off at the perceived high price. If the demand still outpaces supply with prices still skyrocketing those that sold will be sorry. Their prized collections gone, and now holding paper that's worth less every day.
I personally would not sell anything unless I had something I wanted to buy right then. I don't care how high prices go.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My oldest son will have my collection. He has the interest. My interest in collecting has increased because of him. He knows much more than I do. My youngest son, has little to no interest, and my daughter, is like... get rid of them, but she understands value. I've been in Cabelas when the widow, brings in the prized bring back, to dump it. That hurts! Your right it is relative, but if it only is sold because the price is high, I think you would be sorry later.
I'm single and 68.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I received my Finn M-39 SKY from a batch of M-39's back in the 90's when Century Arms had their M-39's on sale at the price of 3 for $ 99.00. I purchased about 30 of them and they were from various Finn Arsenals.

SAWMan

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow. Selling for over $1200. Glad I didn't sell mine last year.

View attachment 3923289

There are some others on the site like an M28 to M/28-30 upgrade with a bolt mismatch and the seller has a couple of other items that are through the roof. $1800+ with issues. There's an rv listed for 4k. I have two originals I'd like to find to supplement the refurbs I have for an M28 and M27 but while funds are there, these prices are now heading toward matching Mauser. Even the post war, CMP, restocked/rebuilt Garands have jumped quite a bit.

·
Diamond Bullet Member and the Revered Sir Jim
48,442 Posts
It's supply and demand. Prices will level off when the supply meets demand as others start to sell off at the perceived high price. If the demand still outpaces supply with prices still skyrocketing those that sold will be sorry. Their prized collections gone, and now holding paper that's worth less every day.
I personally would not sell anything unless I had something I wanted to buy right then. I don't care how high prices go.
I told wifey how much my Mosins are worth now. She said, "How would you know? You have never sold anything in your life." Not true I said. I sold one m39 to an active Marine for $140. So she asks, "How much did you pay for it" $140. I could not make a profit off a Marine. That is just me from my time in Vietnam in 1968 in the Navy Seabees. I have given a 91/30 and an m44 to a nephew. I also have a 91/30 to my gunsmith. He would not charge me for working on my guns because his father was also a Vietnam Seabee Vet. He said his father would give him hell. I also gave him a 91/30 stock set to restore his father's rifle that he had cut the stock and threw away the hand guard. So, now they both have complete rifles. The rifle I paid $69, and the stock and handguard $15 "back in the day".

Reactions: bmont and tcintxx2

·
48,442 Posts
I have a reproduction pukku made in the 80s. IIRC, I got it from Doug Bowser by mail. I wonder how much they are going for?

·
48,442 Posts
Last I checked about $50 shipped. Do we have a deal? 😊
Sorry, I was just curious. I have two M39s and they have to share it. HAHAHA I wonder if it will fit my M28/30 ? I will have to try tomorrow.

·
48,442 Posts
Durn duplicate post.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts