Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Yep if you bought them a few years ago for 350 to 450 your sitting pretty good. I didnt realize the avg selling price had gone so high so quickly. Looks like the cheap seats now are 750.00 with the average be 950 to 1050 up to over 1500.00 now for nice or rare versions.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
771 Posts
Boy, you can tell you guys are young. I used to buy these for under a hundred bucks from CIA back in the mid 90's. Heck the U-Fix-Ums were $24.87 delivered. I got a perfect 1967 for that price that was only missing a floor plate with follower.

Of course, now I'm sick that I sold most of my Finn's a few years ago. I'm afraid to look at what they brought on Gunbroker. 39's were a couple hundred bucks with the CG stuff and 27's a little more.

The Burns/Classic deal was what blew the 39 market out of the water. I still don't understand why a 39 will bring more than a 28-30. Not always, but most of the time.

Oh well, I made good money. I had an 01 FFL at that time and sold a few hundred Finn's in the late '90's.
Times change ----------isn't that an understatement.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Boy, you can tell you guys are young. I used to buy these for under a hundred bucks from CIA back in the mid 90's. Heck the U-Fix-Ums were $24.87 delivered. I got a perfect 1967 for that price that was only missing a floor plate with follower.

Of course, now I'm sick that I sold most of my Finn's a few years ago. I'm afraid to look at what they brought on Gunbroker. 39's were a couple hundred bucks with the CG stuff and 27's a little more.

The Burns/Classic deal was what blew the 39 market out of the water. I still don't understand why a 39 will bring more than a 28-30. Not always, but most of the time.

Oh well, I made good money. I had an 01 FFL at that time and sold a few hundred Finn's in the late '90's.
Times change ----------isn't that an understatement.
Not young. I was just busy until my kids moved out. Lol

·
Gold Bullet Member
912 Posts
I picked up an early one, no date, from my neighbor about four years ago. I traded him a K31 and tossed in some ammo. At the time it was an even deal, not sure what K31's go for today. I paid $89 for the K31 in about 2005 or so. He paid $100 for the M28/30 at a local auction I turned him on to. That was about five years ago.

·
Gold Bullet Member
912 Posts
Oops, were on the M39 not the M28/30.
I don't own an M39 SKY. I remember back in 2000, Wholesale Guns and Ammo was selling the M39 Sky in good condition for $100, plus $10 shipping. I should have grabbed one then.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I never took the jump into Finn rifles. Looks like now I never will. Glad you fellas got some good ones before the market spike happened.
I’ll go back to petting my Arisakas now. Always thought a Finn Mosin would be a good investment as a shooter at least. I guess my boat sailed.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,450 Posts
About five years ago, when I began dispersing my collection, I started with SKS's, then my combloc Mosins. Did well for then, but held on to my Finns as I thought their market lagged behind the others. Glad I did and it looks like a great time to begin moving 30+ I have. I wish shipping weren't such a hassle.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts