Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, but I figured this would be the forum that was most likely to find somebody that could answer the question, even if it might be more appropriate for the WTB or workbench forums.

I was informed of a gunboards member that, in the past, made and sold rear peep sights for the M39 that gave a similar sight picture as the M1 Garand. Today I found an old thread on gunboards (from 2010) where these sights were mentioned and in that old thread there were several members that mentioned they had made some similar peep sights for the M39 or knew of members/friends that made such rear sights for the M39.

Anybody know of somebody that is still making these?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19,271 Posts
Let me pile on and I hope the moderators read this.

This is a long thread and the seller is towing the line but the thread is so long and full of outdated replies
that it is useless to determine if the seller has a current production up for sale or not.

These are fine sights. I have two sets. The seller makes batches and releases them. Its so hard for people to
tell if the items are for sale or not .

Moderators: Let MG42 start a new sales thread so this gets simple.

I have buddies who want these sights and wonder ...are they for sale now or not?

/// and Jason aka MG42....answer your emails and come up on the net more promptly, that would help this situation out .

Last comment: Outstanding quality sights, I hope Jason is still making them and you can get them.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
As far as I know he is still making them. Unfortunately I too tried to get in touch with him by email and by PM several times just after I got my first M39. I thought I would need them to wring the most accuracy out of an M39. Never got a response. So I just learned to shoot with the sights that are on them. Frankly I doubt I would even want to swap them out now, since they work so well as-issued. Others swear by the peeps that Mike sells though.

I have ghost ring sights and peep sights on several of my rifles, and I like them very much. I just decided to enjoy my Mosins for what they are, and that especially includes the M39s. Now to me they look odd with different sights on them.

Good luck to you either way you decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.