Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20 years ago this was being sold as M39 sniper by dealers with a decent price of about $250. Aware what it really was still bought one if only as a shooter.
Thinking about it now I should have bought more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
No Century did not re-blue these, the rear sights were made in the white or had the purple color if they were blued because of the steel which has a high nickel content . The Finns blued some of their sights .

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
The answer is totally personal. It is worth more money in parts now but still maintains itself as a fantasy rifle at best and good shooter. Just the classic price gouging has increased the value of the rifle and when you add in the panic to get the last of them that they have fed value has gone up. I have 48 M39's and need no others unless they are good buys or represent something I don't have in the safe. I don't have an M39 sniper (which may have never really existed) but I don't feel driven to have sorrow for missing out on one or to find one. I much prefer shooting open sights versus scopes even with my 73 year old eyes. Like I said very personal decision. Bill

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The answer is totally personal. It is worth more money in parts now but still maintains itself as a fantasy rifle at best and good shooter. Just the classic price gouging has increased the value of the rifle and when you add in the panic to get the last of them that they have fed value has gone up. I have 48 M39's and need no others unless they are good buys or represent something I don't have in the safe. I don't have an M39 sniper (which may have never really existed) but I don't feel driven to have sorrow for missing out on one or to find one. I much prefer shooting open sights versus scopes even with my 73 year old eyes. Like I said very personal decision. Bill
Exactly my sentiment at that time and still is in a way. Like I said just bought it just for shooter alone although there were plenty available at that time.
Have about 30 M39's myself in different makes, years and conditions that my wife think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Only 48 Bill? Have you decided whether you like them or not?

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Had about close to 100 when Burns started switching them around in the stocks and being afraid the value of them would plunge I sold a bunch off keeping just the ones I liked. I have bought like 2 in 5 years now and like as not won't buy any more with the prices Classic has raised them to today. Used to buy them from Kurt in NY at around $100 delivered after discovering what Burns was doing and he always assured me he was making money at that price. so you see I made money but would have made a bunch more if I waited till classic got a hold of Burns stuff. Just a big cycle of value and availability with surplus of any kind. Year or two here and the dealers who have hoarded everything will start finding things at higher prices of course! What goes around comes around I always say. Bill

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
I hate to see it done and would never do it, but I sure wish I had one..now.

·
Diamond+ Bullet Member
1,651 Posts
I always liked the Ones Interornance did with the 6x42 POSP Scopes..... Instead of the PU set up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.