Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I would like to see if I can find out the current value of this? m39 mosin ? And any history on it as to why it would be in like new condition ? I don't believe that it was ever fired. The only thing I see wrong with it is there is a couple dings on the left side above the trigger. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
By the pics posted, it appears to be in a post war stock. Are the splice marks rounded? If not, it's post war and would be triangle or square on the end of the splice. Square being the latest. That's why it looks new. It's a B barrel and been through rearsenal and reblued as well. Just curious have you checked the tang date on it? Nice looking rifle IMO worth at least $500 today, perhaps more.
Richard

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
By the pics posted, it appears to be in a post war stock. Are the splice marks rounded? If not, it's post war and would be triangle or square on the end of the splice. Square being the latest. That's why it looks new. It's a B barrel and been through rearsenal and reblued as well. Just curious have you checked the tang date on it? Nice looking rifle IMO worth at least $500 today, perhaps more.
Richard
I've never seen a "B" barrel in a wartime stock. That'd be a bit of an anachronism.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Pics of the tang and the E would help but it might indicate a Westinghouse receiver. If the bolt is numbered to match the barrel then I think Jaws hit it pretty well in terms of current market value. Of course as a buyer I would want to pay less!!!

Here is an example of the E I am referring to...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
And any history on it as to why it would be in like new condition ? I don't believe that it was ever fired.
The rifle is very late m/39 built using a shortened m/91 barrel blank. This practice didn't probably take place until the 1970s when maintenance of the m/91 was discontinued and spare barrels became surplus. I've seen at least a few B barreled m/39s with the hand tag telling that they were manufactured as late as 1978. By that time the RK-62 assault rifle had replaced the m/39 in conscript training so the late guns were never used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.