Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since people are always asking about the current going rates for various Mosins, I thought I'd pass along this information. I was at a central Pennsylvania (Centre Hall, PA) gun show yesterday, and the refurbed 91/30s I saw were all going for around $279. All were billboarded, and didn't interest me, but as far as I could tell, none were unique in any way. I also saw an M38 in an M44 stock, priced at $379. The stock was new-looking, but whether this had been done by a previous owner or by a Russian refurb depot, I don't know. How representative of nationwide prices these might be, I have no idea.

The old days of crates of Mosins for sale at cheap prices are behind us. In fact, there were few milsurps of any kind; it was mostly modern hunting rifles and various flavors of AR.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,090 Posts
Not sure about todays prices on these but that M38 looked to be a typical refurb with a deep counter bore. Was the $499 SCW NEW M91 still setting with those two Mosin carbines? I gave each of them a quick look on Saturday morning. The 3rd Mosin in that rack was marked as a Polish M44 but I didn't pick that one up.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Since people are always asking about the current going rates for various Mosins, I thought I'd pass along this information. I was at a central Pennsylvania (Centre Hall, PA) gun show yesterday, and the refurbed 91/30s I saw were all going for around $279. All were billboarded, and didn't interest me, but as far as I could tell, none were unique in any way. I also saw an M38 in an M44 stock, priced at $379. The stock was new-looking, but whether this had been done by a previous owner or by a Russian refurb depot, I don't know. How representative of nationwide prices these might be, I have no idea.

The old days of crates of Mosins for sale at cheap prices are behind us. In fact, there were few milsurps of any kind; it was mostly modern hunting rifles and various flavors of AR.
Were the sellers getting their prices? Last gun shows I was at (Harrisburg and Gettysburg, PA), the near-$300 mosins weren't moving at all, along with with the more expensive not as ubiquitous ones. They can ask whatever they want. Getting it (or getting it in a timely manner to turn over stock and actually make money) is a whole 'nother story. Those are the shows that I don't spend money at....

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,090 Posts
Were the sellers getting their prices? Last gun shows I was at (Harrisburg and Gettysburg, PA), the near-$300 mosins weren't moving at all, along with with the more expensive not as ubiquitous ones. They can ask whatever they want. Getting it (or getting it in a timely manner to turn over stock and actually make money) is a whole 'nother story. Those are the shows that I don't spend money at....
I spoke with a dealer that said he had sold quite a few guns on Friday night set-up. But I didn't see many guns being sold the 1st hour as I left the show at 10AM.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I just went to the Bill Goodman's gun show in Cincinnati. Looked over a lot of refurbed 91/30s including hexes that could have been ex dragoon but nothing unique enough for me to buy. Iirc, they were priced around $275 to $300. Best mosin was a sky marked civil guard m39, but this guy hand selects his guns and prices them at a premium. He had $625 on it. A few Mausers and k31s rounded out the milsurp stuff but I don't know those guns well and didn't pay them much attention.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure about todays prices on these but that M38 looked to be a typical refurb with a deep counter bore. Was the $499 SCW NEW M91 still setting with those two Mosin carbines?
Dunno. If it was there, I didn't notice. We got there about 10 AM, and left an hour later.

I gave each of them a quick look on Saturday morning. The 3rd Mosin in that rack was marked as a Polish M44 but I didn't pick that one up.
I saw it. But I already have an unissued 1952 Polish M44, so I didn't pay it much attention.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
I just got back from a 2-day show at Crossroads of the West in Phoenix. A fellow board member had several M91/30 Mosin-Nagants to sell, he priced them from $250-$275 in general, and sold 2 of the 3 ex-dragoons he had on the table. A number of people remarked that he had the best Mosin-Nagant prices at the show. I did see a number of other rifles in the $325-$375+ range on other tables, none of them sold to my knowledge. Several M-39's in the $500-$675 range also didn't move. Nothing out of the ordinary to be seen for the most part, it was a slow 2-day show. The market in general is slow in this area, people buying are other dealers scrounging for bargains before the show opens to the public, and people from out-of-state with FFL's in hand. Most of the dealers have stuff overpriced so very little moves. The wages in Arizona are generally below national average, so optimistic dealers take most of their stuff home. I just have to shake my head when I see display cases and racks filled with $3,500 - $5,000 Colt SAA's and $12,000 early Winchester rifles, these people must like showing off their collections, since they take virtually 100% of it back home. EVERY TIME. :laugh:

·
Registered
877 Posts
I went to Calgary gunshow (Alberta Canada) Easter Saturday looking for Finnish rifle.
1,000 tables takes some getting around.
Saw 2 refurb 91/30's on a table, @ $230 each. Not bad these days. (All prices Beaver bucks)
also a type 56 Chinese and a Polish Factory 11 M '44, for $575 & $650 if I remember right.
Also a single M 91, Finn marked/stocked and interesting, 1917, but to me the $700 seemed high, Bore had grease in it, but looked very tired and washed out, & was counter-bored.
And one nice M 91/30 with a 'hex' receiver, dated 1932 if I recall right, for $300. It had a very blond stock that felt gritty, like it had been given a poor varnish job. Metal good though and if stock had been better I might have bit!
Was looking for a M 27, 28, or M 28-30 though so refrained. Not One of any of the latter to be seen anywhere!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I only saw a few at the last show. 91/30's for $3-400, and a few M44's in that price range too.

Lately there has been a trend of one or two tables manned by a random guy who is moving or disposing of a bunch of stuff and has it marked cheap... that's the one you need to find right away. Saw a $125 Nagant revolver, and some $250ish Mausers at the last show but they went fast, there were people waiting in line to look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.