Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my Midway package arrives I will be ready to begin reloading. I'm new to rifle reloading but have some previous experience with pistol ammo.

I decided to begin reloading 6.5X55 since M41is hard to find. I have a supply of fired Prvi Partizan brass. I also have the Lyman 49th Ed. manual.

I want a load optimized for target shooting at 300 yards, the maximum at my club range.
I have a 42 Husqvarna M38 with an excellent bore, i.e. very slight erosion at the throat, and I want to shoot a relatively mild load that will minimize wear but group well at 300 yards.

·
Gold Bullet member
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read the very first " sticky " post by Float Pilot . There is much info to be learned from that thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should have mentioned I did read the first sticky thread. Indeed, it is a treasure trove of useful information. I think my loading objective is a bit different since I am restricted by my range to relatively short distances.

And a personal thanks to "Swede" for all the help he has provided in getting my M38 in good order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.