Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of threads regarding accuracy of the swede.
These are my efforts out of a 1913 dated CG M38. Had a S&K scope mount with a NcStar 2-7 variable scope. I must give S&K a plug here as the mount, rings and scope are top notch.
The tgts are shown with the applicable projectile taped next to them. They where shot over a bench at 100 metres. The grps are very respectable in my mind. The one with the sierra matchkings measures 1 inch by 1/2 an inch, with the bottom 2 rds being shot after a adjustment on the scope so are not in the group. The second grp was shot with Hornady A-max projies. Measures 1 inch by 3/4 of an inch.
Very happy with set up.
Cheers
NED

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one believe me?

does not one person believe me?:mad:
Totally honest in details!!!!
Cheers
NED

·
Registered
950 Posts
There is nothing unbelievable about either of those groups.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Ordinary run-o-the mill m/96. Nothing special:p. <yawn>

Come back and see us when the 5 shots all touch each other at 100yds.

Dutchman <just kiddin>

·
Registered
192 Posts
All kidding aside, that's good shootin'. I've just gone from the 140 Sierra MK to the 140 Hornady A-MAX; seem to get slightly better accuracy, especially at the longer ranges, and the Hornady's are about two bucks a box cheaper.

·
Copper Bullet member
403 Posts
does not one person believe me?:mad:
Totally honest in details!!!!
Cheers
NED
Nope, I don't believe you, do it again!! :D

Nice shooting. I have some A-maxs to shoot up, I might try that load.

metzgeri

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks one and all
Will post a pic of the old girl that achieved this ( not a pic of me of course!!!, I am a 41 yr old male)
Very happy with it. be good for next deer season:D
Cheers
NED

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice shooting! My M-38 groups like that with open sites, with a scope it would probably shoot thru the same hole.

·
Silver Bullet Member
555 Posts
M38

Ned,

Very nice results! Been using the Sierra MK 140gr with IMR 7828, RL 22 and H 1000. My M38 is a 1942 Husky. Our results are similar. Mine sure likes the slower burning stuff. I think I will give the Hornady A Max a try. Regards.

Ski

·
Registered
183 Posts
M96/38 of 1899

Real nice shootin' you did! My all matching 1899 M96/38 will do that kind of stuff, too. At 100 yards from bench over Caldwell DeadShot bags with good loads it consistently gets 7/8" groups. First I got 5 shots in 4 holes and wondered where the other one went. Then I got 5 shots in 3 holes and thought I've just got to see if this is repeatable because I knew I couldn't miss the whole target twice.

This load put 5 rounds in 1 ragged hole -- see dime for comparison. :D I just love getting great groups with my 96-108 year old rifles, 64 year old eyes and using open military iron sights. ;) You gotta love those Crown Jewels!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts