Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over a year ago I picked up a M27RV barreled action - complete with real RV bolt. It came with the remains of the original stock that bubba converted to his hunting rifle. The stock is totally sanded and destroyed beyond repair.

Of the 300 left and imported into the US, most probably suffered this fate if they are around at all. I have another complete M27 RV with HRR stock disc but the stock was sanded a long time ago. Better than completely bubba'd I guess. Hard to find an untouched RV or RV stock!

I believe the count of complete RV's is under 50 today according to sources I've seen. Really sad considering all the RV's had gone through in battle -only to be destroyed by bubba.

I thought I'd eventually find an original RV stock. After a bit I considered I may be crazy! Anyone else ever see one in the wild? Well - I actually did find one and picked it up last month. It isn't sanded and the stock disc is intact. The rifle disc is the same unit and is only 7 numbers off of my other RV.

With some serious searching and a huge amount of good luck, I found a guy in his mid 70's who supposedly had one but upon contacting him last year, he had no digital camera and didn't take returns. He was also on the east coast and I was in the midwest. The description was perfect but the price he wanted was steep so I decided against the buy. Not something I was willing to risk sight unseen. But last month I headed to NYC for work and decided to take a bit of a road trip to visit the supposed RV stock at his shop. He told me it came from Freedman Arms in NYC about 1968 or 69. No gun, just the stock. The owner had just died, his son sold the business and was moving to CA to be a hippy clothing salesman. He had it in his possession ever since but never found the gun to go with it. We had a great visit, talking about Mosins and I left with the stock and mailled it back to myself from the town post office. Here it is along with my other RV and mated to the barreled action. My find of the year!

I still need a rear RV band, RV handguard and cleaning rod. If you have one and wish to sell or trade it to me, let me know what you are looking for - maybe we can work something out so I can restore a bit of history.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,504 Posts

"I love it when a plan comes together."

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
That my freindis the proverbial needle in a haystack find. Outstanding. The other parts- will make this look easy.

Ive never see a m/27 rv with the reinforced nosecap either. Did it come that way?

·
Administrator
3,480 Posts
Vic, you've seen mine and it has a reinforced nosecap. Most that I've seen do not.

That my freindis the proverbial needle in a haystack find. Outstanding. The other parts- will make this look easy.

Ive never see a m/27 rv with the reinforced nosecap either. Did it come that way?

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I should have bought a lottery ticket that day but then again I was totally out of money after that and had to hitchike home......... I'm not so sure the other parts will be so easy but if you see a handguard or rear band I'll have a good trade for the person!

My other RV came like that. The seller did not know it was an RV. It has been sanded and part of the handguard tab was missing a long time ago. I see no signs the reinforced nosecap was added later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.