Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a chance to buy a nice early M27 with early nosecap, winged bolt, and metal in good condition for a good price. The bad? The stock is shot (no pun intended) so I'll have to either try to repair it (not a simple fix) or find a replacement. I'd be happy dropping it into an M27, M28, or M28/30 stock but they all seem very difficult to locate...anyone got a good idea where I might be able to pick one up at?? anyone have one they'd part with? Doesn't have to be pretty and I don't need the metal or handguard!

·
Administrator
3,474 Posts
A replacement will be very hard to find and expensive. You might want to reconsider repairing the stock you have if at all possible. I've been looking for an M27 stock for a couple of years with no luck.

·
Banned
11,733 Posts
How shot is the stock?

Figure $150-200 for a stock. I'd be looking for a heck of a deal on the rifle if I had to spend $150 to restore it.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the seller realizes the stock is going to need alot of work and has priced it accordingly in my opinion...so from the pricing standpoint I think it's fair and I feel comfortable...could I hold off and just buy another M27? sure...but I like the challege of a good project :laugh:. I'm buying it as a shooter so I think I'm going to try to fix her. I'm fairly handy in the woodworking department and have saved stocks before so I think I'll give this one a try and see what I can do!! In the meantime if anyone does come up with a M27/28/30 stock they don't need anymore (I know, I know) let me know!!!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
I faced that situation on one - replacement stock cost me about $140 plus shipping after about a year of looking and then I needed a different nosepiece - I say go for it.
I think I still have a popsicle stick nosepiece if you find an early stock.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I have a bubba'd stock that I refinished, as bubba stripped it - I bought it for a decent price on ebay - I know as soon as I sell it, a bubba'd 1927 M27 will show up and I would have to wait another 15 years to find a stock.....gonna have to keep the stock....:(

Took me a long time to find the metal for it as well.....that little removable sheet metal piece on the bayolug was also hard to find.....things happen in pairs......and another sheetmetal piece showed up......bought that piece as well!

Pahtu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.