Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Walked into my favorite G store and came across an M27!
What luck, Tikka 1939 F marked (no D).

$200 OTD.

My first M27, never saw one in person.

I like the new boards, they are snappy and are a performance boost over the old set-up.
Geez I lost all of my post counts... just like the last time and the time before that.

Guess I can pretend to be n00b getting my MN learn on.

Regards
Billy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations. I got my first M-27 today, too. 1932 Tikka, "F" marked only. Didn't do as good as you, I paid $300 shipped. Same as you, I never saw one in person before today. Must say I love the way the rifle comes to the shoulder, and what a sight picture. I'm really looking forward to shooting this old war horse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked in, dealer had just bought a collection...
Lots of Century egyptian Fn49's several Hakims, lots of interesting rifles... he hadn't priced anything yet and just gave me one of the top of his head...

I asked, "How much for the Mosin? Dealer, "$200" ... Me. "Jeez it's only a Mosin, there going for $129 retail...
He replies "You can get $300 easy for that Finn". I said I'll take it. He then said write him up for $250 for being a pain".
I said no way, $200. BTW I know the guy well.

I then saw a Sweded 94/14 and offered him $200 for that too!

He did a double take and, for an instant thought it was a 1891 carbine... Then bellowed"NO WAY".

Real amusing time torturing my local gundealer.

Enjoy you find safely

Regards
Billy

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
Congrats! 1939 is a tough date to locate in an M27.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I asked my local dealer about Finn rifles & he is somewhat knowledgable about them - He never see's them in stock - Not too many Finn MN's to be found around here, I feel lucky in buying the few I have uncovered at local shows.....It has taken years...
Congrats on your find =+)

Pahtu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts