Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening Mosin Nagant enthusiasts!

I bought 10 months ago M27-66 standard rifle which had a serious competition history at 1970ies and 1980ies. Unfortunately rifle's stock was seriously damaged (cracked pistol grip area) and bluing was almost gone. Luckily metal parts were in pretty good condition. My gunsmith re-blued it and replaced the stock for 28-76 stock. I saved old walnut stock so that I could some day ask a gunsmith make a new stock from walnut for it.

How it shoots? It is really accurate. I tested it with D166 and got match box size group at 100 m.

Thank you KH for your pictures!

View attachment 132075

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Very nice! I take it that is the replacement stock? Can you show us a picture of the 27-66 stock? How are they different?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have seen pictures of KH's (Mr. Wrobel) M27-66? That is it. The stock resembles Suomen Leijona named old finnish 22 LR target rifle. I have heard that M27-66 diopter sights are pretty much same as Suomen Leijona rifle. Barrel is manufactured by Valmet.

Try to Google: "Suomen Leijona pienoiskivääri"

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
M/27-66 rifles have their receivers supported by steel plates which require some space. And so does the Valmet adjustable trigger system. Therefore m/27-66 metal parts don't fit the m/28-76 stock. Likewise, If you try to fit a m/28-76 barrel action to the m/27-66 stock the receiver would simply float in the air.

m/27-66

m/28-76

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
I also see that it has a scope mount base on it as well. Nice.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well I learned something today! theres a M27-66! :D :D Never heard or seen one. thanks for sharing! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pictures of old M27-66 stock

I took some pictures of my M27-66 old stock. As you see it has seen a lot of use in many competitions. The former owner of this rifle told me that before he owned this rifle it was used by Finnish frontier guard as a match rifle. The former owner was an retired officer.

My gunsmith told me that he assumes this rifle to be an early and rare version of M27-66. He has seen them enough and has also seen them deactivated!

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts