Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Copper Bullet member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my copy of the "Grand Collectors Society" magazine and in it they continue the story of sorting the Greek returned M1C's at the "CMP". My question is, does anybody know when the "CMP" will sell these or have they already?

· Copper Bullet member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their fate is listed in the article.
Ok thanks. I haven't had time to finish it, every time I try it's time to change another diaper or pull him out of the cabinets or stop him form this or that and then the wife chimes in and wants this or that done. Will have to make time tonight.

· Registered
750 Posts
i haven't seen the article. Do the rifles have scopes and mounts? If yes do the scopes and mounts match the rifles?
I suspect any really good ones (and probably the not so good ones) will go via the CMP auction site.

· Copper Bullet member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i haven't seen the article. Do the rifles have scopes and mounts? If yes do the scopes and mounts match the rifles?
I suspect any really good ones (and probably the not so good ones) will go via the CMP auction site.
No scopes or mounts, just the base. The article states they are pushing the Greeks to find them. There are a few rare one that will go to auction such as some Winchester made M1's.

· Diamond Bullet Member
2,399 Posts
There is an Ebay seller from Greece that goes by "Woodenscope" that has been selling the M84 scopes for years and I actually bought one from him.
I'm guessing that's where he got them all...;)

· Registered
458 Posts
Quite a few unmarked appear not to be G&H and the machining marks were different from G&H but looks like it. 400 of the 1700 did carry matching WW2 Bases. They even found an HRA, SA52 Heel marked, and six w/ Winchester barrels, so it looks like the Greeks had a little M1C program of their own. Most Greek rebuilds, refinished coal black bluing, and most with Greek oversized wood.

Still a chance for someone who wants an M1C, any body have an idea how much they will go for - CMP is usually pretty fair.

· Registered
52 Posts
I don't about the M1C's but I just bought an M1D SA/SG at the NS for 2300 last week. Six digit SA, 52 SA barrel under 2 at both ends, nice older USGI dark walnut stock. I already have the scope and mount, cheek pad MDT 52, and Hart Flash Hider. Hopefully the NS will get shipping boxes this week and send my new babies home.
Bill
PS: If the M1C's are the same price as the M1D's it's 1500 Rack, 1900 Field, 2300 Service Grade.

· Gold Bullet member
14,393 Posts
The last M1C's I saw from CMP were on their auction site. A receiver broke $4000 and a barreled receiver with bracket(base) bid over $7000 when I stopped watching. The average scopeless and mountless M1C went for over $3000 in the mid 1990's. Generally, M1C's go very high from CMP. Real ones are very uncommon(7,971 produced by the end of WW2 per Canfield), unlike M1D's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.