Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I brought old Mr. Nagant ought to the range and had a fairly succesful day. My m95 is the first pistol I've ever owned and this was only the 3rd or 4th time I've ever shot it, so I'm still learning the art of squeezing the trigger without throwing my shots. Anyhow, I was shooting commercial PPU. First group was at 7 yards and the second at 17 yards, and here's the results:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Nice shootin'. I've owned a bunch of Nagants over the years, and the last one I had, just couldn't seem to "print". I took it apart, and was examining it when it suddenly dawned on me thye barrel was bent. I mean, like 15 degrees. I blew that one out, and picked up another after being a tad more picky when examining the herd. I noticed more than one that just didn't line up right. Apparenlty you have a good one, from the evidence on paper.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very Nice !!! I'm still working on getting ammo and having my old nagant inspected for shooting but your pics
are motivating. Thanks
Hello Gmotocycle! There are actually quite a few places to find Nagant ammo right now. I ordered from Graf and Sons, they've got military surplus ammo for a decent price, just make sure you can shoot steal core rounds at the range you use. Also, Cabelas has ammo right now, it's the lighter commercial version PPU(prvi partizan) and that's what I used on the targets I posted :)

Alexei "Nice shootin'. I've owned a bunch of Nagants over the years, and the last one I had, just couldn't seem to "print". I took it apart, and was examining it when it suddenly dawned on me thye barrel was bent. I mean, like 15 degrees. I blew that one out, and picked up another after being a tad more picky when examining the herd. I noticed more than one that just didn't line up right. Apparenlty you have a good one, from the evidence on paper."

Thank you! Yea I can imagine that was quite a shock! I've only got just the one Nagant so far, the great part is, the barrel is completely pitted( that or they were machined roughly from the start, I don' know.) Anyhow, it still turned out to be an accurate gun!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
at the last gun show I found two boxes of 7.62x38R, so you never know when some will show up....
Hi packrat Alas gun shows here bear little resemblance to those in the US, not least because it is illegal to own handguns here unless you are a club member shooting a recognised discipline. "I just want one" or self defence is not a legal & genuine reason! So Nagants are extremely thin on the ground - I would venture to say most are bought by those with a Collector's Licence, who will be unlikely to shoot them. So the proprietary ammo is non-existent. I may be crazy, but I am going to attempt Service Pistol with mine :laugh: even funnier with .32 I suspect

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello to All,

Thanks billthefifth !!! Going to check those two out and probably leaning towards Cabelas's.
Not exaclty sure why, but knowing the name Cabelas name just make me fell better being a
first-time internet ammo buyer.

Also got to say THANKS TO ALL !!!
The info from this forum, being a newbie to Nagants, has been very helpful!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello to All,

Thanks billthefifth !!! Going to check those two out and probably leaning towards Cabelas's.
Not exaclty sure why, but knowing the name Cabelas name just make me fell better being a
first-time internet ammo buyer.

Also got to say THANKS TO ALL !!!
The info from this forum, being a newbie to Nagants, has been very helpful!!!

Just ordered a box. Very

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.