Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I believe I have a M1892 commercial.I would like to know as much as possible on the history and may be and when and where it was made, and for whom? The serial number, 531 is marked on the underside of barrel and on the front of the cylinder. 6827 is marked on the bottom front on the left of the wooden grip.It has StENENNE stamped r/h of barrel and MANUFre FRANce D'ARMES St Etienne on the top of barrel. Now, it has in Gold letters on top of strap over the cylinder Depot A Lisbonne and under that F.A Ventura. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,086 Posts
This was a commercial made revolver of the Regulation military Model 1892 revolver that was made by Manufacture Française d'Arme et Cycle de Saint Etienne. (This is not the same as Manufacture Nationale de Saint Etienne which was a government facility that made weapons for the military)
I have a feeling that this revolver was made for export sales as Depot A Lisbonne was a depot in Lisbon, Portugal and F.A. Ventura was a Spanish Company that did exporting sales to foreign countries ... I would seem that this revolver was exported by this company to Portugal from the firm in France.

Patrick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.