Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked this up from a friend. I've wanted one for a while both being a Civil War reenactor, and wanting it to go with my small American arms collection. (I mainly collect German and Austrian) Came with an original bayonet. Nice example, dated 1854 which as I understand is a year before they stopped making them. Bore is clean and smooth with virtually no pitting. Externally its used, but cared for, far from pristine but complete and honest.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Nice musket,

I have an 1844 dated example which I was told was the first year of production. I use it for living histories.

·
Gold Bullet member
718 Posts
I have a gorgeous 1845 dated example with bayonet that I value highly. Track of the Wolf sells different diameter musket balls to fit your weapon if you are inclined to shoot it (I haven't yet).

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a gorgeous 1845 dated example with bayonet that I value highly. Track of the Wolf sells different diameter musket balls to fit your weapon if you are inclined to shoot it (I haven't yet).
I'll probably get out this weekend. I shoot smooth bore and rifled musket in NSSA events and cast my own so I'm set on ball for it. I ised to use an Armisport 1842 for 75 and 100 yard smooth bore competition and they group well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice Springfield. How are the markings on the breach? Does the date on the barrel match the lock? I have and have had several and just love them. I am guessing yours is about the last year made as they went with a rifled musket in '55. Oh btw did you check the bore? Some of those were rifled

·
Copper Bullet Member
557 Posts
That's a fine looking Musket, I have been looking at P.Mouser's posted ad here and locally as I'm from your neck of the woods but No Shore . He has some fine looking arms. You got a good one, Enjoy. O.R.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All us black powder folk must stick together here in Mass. I shoot a few muzzle loaders, but my main focus is black powder cartridge guns like Trapdoors, Martinis, and 1871 Mausers and such.

That's a fine looking Musket, I have been looking at P.Mouser's posted ad here and locally as I'm from your neck of the woods but No Shore . He has some fine looking arms. You got a good one, Enjoy. O.R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.