Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the attached photo's you will see a m1a stock from a new in the box m1a I purchased a while ago and is still in nib condition. Serial number 266xx. My question is, do anyone know about the cartouche stamped onto the stock that looks like a DOD cartouche. You will see it in the 2nd picture, it is a circle with the eagle and stars inside of it about 3/8" round. Also was it common for SA Inc to put a sticker on the stock, because all the other ones I've seen did not have stickers. The cartouche was stamped after the sticker was applied. The stock also has the selector switch cut out on the other side. Any and all help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Eagle and Stars in a circle is not USGI, if that's what you're asking. DOD was eagle-stars-box.

·
Registered
479 Posts
A look alike stamp to make you feel better that it has a DAS looking stamp. SA Inc. had some stamps made to stamp new made stocks, nothing more. Fulton has done the same in the past as well as Armalite doing white ink DAS marks on AR lowers.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I

·
Silver Bullet member
71 Posts
M-14 stocks don't have cartouches.
Thats for sure. Stamps on US rilfes of fall under "inspection", "Acceptance" and "proof"

Calling stamps cartouches is the eqivilent of using the word Machinegun to describe a semi auto rifle.

Stamps on the Springfield copys are just silly.

Here is an USGI M14 DAS

The Proof

JR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts