Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to one of the CMP Games/Creedmore Cup and perused the rifles they have for sale? If so, what was the selection like? I'm being told that CMP usually has some items to which one might not otherwise have access. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been to the Eastern Games the last three years and will be there again this year. The selection of M1s has been declining in the last couple of years but good buys can be had. I've picked up two H&R M1s both with new birch stocks. The also show up with an assortment of other M1s in varying condidion. I saw a re-arsenaled Winchester last year that would have made a good shooter, just needed some refinishing on the stock and a good cleaning. You can also get the CMP Service Grade Specials and M1C and M1D sniper variants. Prices are the advertised CMP prices with no tax or shipping fees. They did have .30-06 ammo last year with a 1 can per person limit. The ammo ran out on Friday about 5 pm (sales started around 3 pm). They also had some Kimber .22 match rifles last year but CMP has since sold out. Basically, it's a good deal if you're going to be at the matches and want to save on tax or shipping.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been to the Eastern Games the last three years and will be there again this year. The selection of M1s has been declining in the last couple of years but good buys can be had. I've picked up two H&R M1s both with new birch stocks. The also show up with an assortment of other M1s in varying condidion. I saw a re-arsenaled Winchester last year that would have made a good shooter, just needed some refinishing on the stock and a good cleaning. You can also get the CMP Service Grade Specials and M1C and M1D sniper variants. Prices are the advertised CMP prices with no tax or shipping fees. They did have .30-06 ammo last year with a 1 can per person limit. The ammo ran out on Friday about 5 pm (sales started around 3 pm). They also had some Kimber .22 match rifles last year but CMP has since sold out. Basically, it's a good deal if you're going to be at the matches and want to save on tax or shipping.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for this! I am thinking of going to the Eastern Games. My concern is that they will only have Service grades available. A year ago, CMP's website had Service Grade Winchesters, Springfields and HRAs and HRA Service Grade Specials in stock so it would make sense that those choices would also have been available at last year's Eastern Games. Today, CMP's site just has HRA Service Grades in stock. It's hard for me to believe that CMP has chosen to not sell nicer grade rifles so they can be reserved for the Eastern Games.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
What they have at the games is at least as good as what you will find at the store. No shipping and tax either - so cheaper also.

Not sure they talk about it much for fear that the CMP bashers will call it being "unfair". Its an inducement to attend a match - what the CMP is really about.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I went on Saturday and they were offering field grade M1s of various makes (mostly SAs) for $550 and about 10 M1D snipers for $1,500. We picked the best sniper - SA 1943 with a 10/52 SA barrel. MW of 0+ and TE of 1+. All parts are correct for 1943 receiver except the barrel obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.