Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy an M1 SA ser# 3813678 with an LMR barrel 2-53 SA. I know ser # doesn't match barrel other parts are SA, Winchester , and HR Wood is in great shape a couple dings nothing major , bore is mint ans has MRT sling dated 53. Is it worth 800.00, Charlie

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
need to check the throat and muzzle to see,,numbers, is it an old DCM rifle ,,its a classic koren war redo..SOG is selling theirs for 695.00 and you don;t know what you are getting..is it import marked on barrel or any were?? look before you buy

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
they are not getting any cheaper if it is in nice over all condition,i have seen beaters go for that..CMP was selling rack grades for 400 but the supplies have been getting undependable

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a chance to buy an M1 SA ser# 3813678 with an LMR barrel 2-53 SA. I know ser # doesn't match barrel other parts are SA, Winchester , and HR Wood is in great shape a couple dings nothing major , bore is mint ans has MRT sling dated 53. Is it worth 800.00, Charlie
Mint bore!?!! That's real good!

As long as the muzzle wear and throad erosion are within reason, I'd say it's worth that..

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M1 garand price

Thanks for the help Gents, I'm going to buy it and will post pics when I get a chance, Charlie

·
Registered
629 Posts
Stop!!!!!! Take a 30.06 fmj round and test the muzzle of it. If it swollows it dont buy it. CMP has them for $595. $800 is allot at this point. But buy it is has a really good muzzle and the throat is nice. LMR barrels are just has good as the VAR barrels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts