Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a gun shop today while on vacation and saw a Springfield m1 garand it had NM front and rear sights, NM marked op rod and NM marked on the barrel near the muzzle And gas tube. I did not see a date or maker on the barrel under the op rod. It was only marked 308. The rifle was glass bedded. He was asking $1800 for it. The rifle was in near new condition. I don't have anymore info or pictures. Can anyone tell me what it is worth. It also had a P with a circle on the stock near the trigger. I did not see any other marks on the stock.

·
Registered
822 Posts
$1800 sounds pretty high to me, but I guess location and availability in your location play a part. $1200 to $1500 sounds a little more reasonable to me for a realistic price. Does the seller know who did the NM work on it by chance? Maybe they could put you in touch with the previous owner for more information about that.

·
Registered
987 Posts
If it's a Don McCoy Garand (and you're serious about campaigning an M1 across the National Match Course), you can't do much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.