Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything special about this M1? I have had this for about a decade and don't shoot this specific M1 that often. What is a good price to hang a tag on at a show?

Attachments

Reactions: Echo 1

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Up here in MN I think that seems to be about right. Is this a greek rebuild due to the black finish?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,753 Posts
Weld up? May be a very well done one, but this pic would make me look very closely for more evidence one way or the other. The rough inside edge of the forging is right where my cuts are on my receiver 1/2's

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Precious little chance matched front and rear are "REMIL"...

Nor does the classic bump in the clip latch detent appear present. Or any discoloration.

That dark phosphate could be original. It's the lighter crap that's ALWAY a refinish, and almost always recent and civilian.

The 5.8 million unfired ( obviously, since proof/Targ ) rifle I had was, if anything, darker than that.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Precious little chance matched front and rear are "REMIL"...

Nor does the classic bump in the clip latch detent appear present. Or any discoloration.

That dark phosphate could be original. It's the lighter crap that's ALWAY a refinish, and almost always recent and civilian.

The 5.8 million unfired ( obviously, since proof/Targ ) rifle I had was, if anything, darker than that.
What do you mean by remil? I did not see any discoloration indicating a reweld

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
There are no M1 "rewelds". The ones with welds are accurately called "Remils" for "remilitarized. And as made clear in what i said, there no signs this is a REMIL.

To reiterate, and as I made quite clear: "Precious little chance matched front and rear are "REMIL"..."

The front and rear match.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thats the rifle great grandpa stormed the beaches with and snuck it home.
Thats the story on most garands found in the wild these days and almost any garand is super colector priced....
I just ordered another cmp service grade.
Seriously though that rifle is $1200 all day around here.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
"Thats (sic) the rifle great grandpa stormed the beaches with and snuck it home.
Thats the story on most garands found in the wild these days and almost any garand is super colector (sic)priced....
Seriously though that rifle is $1200 all day around here. "

That part about beach storming in WW2 would be difficult, since the rifle was made about a decade after the Normandy invasion. On the humorous side, that makes much more sense than half the drooling imbeciles I encountered at gun shows, with their ground-up "Adolf Hitler's authentic Luger" with "his initials carved into the grips", actually "captured at the Luger factory in Berlin". Or maybe those "Patton cartouche" circle P's on the pistol grips.

There's always an illiterate dolt wandering around, though, willing to swallow that drivel. Can't tell you how many SAI ( Springfield Armory, Incorporated) rifles I've seen whose owners swore they were rare originals, no matter how many times or how many sources one utilizes to debunk the higher-than-seven million serial numbered, cast pieces.

The submoron who showed me his daddy's "war rifle" from Anzio, a postwar commercial job which he was "reluctant to sell" because of the "long family history". I didn't call him out, but a fellow a few tables down DID. Brutally so. It was easy to tell from the clown's idiotic expression that he was a two-bit scamster. I loved the line the other dealer used: "By the way, dumbas*, just what was your daddy doing storming that beach in 1969?"

Many of the leavings from WW2 I've been picking up the last twenty years, since coming home from Arizona, seem to have "fallen off trucks". Oddly, that is often more accurate and uncomfortable than some of us would prefer.

It's the age of the internet, where crackpots and liars not only dominate, they're the only voices lots of these miserable dimwits even hear.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,090 Posts
"Thats (sic) the rifle great grandpa stormed the beaches with and snuck it home.
Thats the story on most garands found in the wild these days and almost any garand is super colector (sic)priced....
Seriously though that rifle is $1200 all day around here. "

That part about beach storming in WW2 would be difficult, since the rifle was made over a decade after the Normandy invasion. On the humorous side, that makes much more sense than half the drooling imbeciles I encountered at gun shows, with their ground-up "Adolf Hitler's authentic Luger" with "his initials carved into the grips", actually "captured at the Luger factory in Berlin". Or maybe those "Patton cartouche" circle P's on the pistol grips.

There's always an illiterate dolt wandering around, though, willing to swallow that drivel. Can't tell you how many SAI ( Springfield Armory, Incorporated) rifles I've seen whose owners swore they were rare originals, no matter how many times or how many sources one utilizes to debunk the higher-than-seven million serial numbered, cast pieces.

The submoron who showed me his daddy's "war rifle" from Anzio, a postwar commercial job which he was "reluctant to sell" because of the "long family history". I didn't call him out, but a fellow a few tables down DID. Brutally so. It was easy to tell from the clown's idiotic expression that he was a two-bit scamster. I loved the line the other dealer used: "By the way, dumbas*, just what was your daddy doing storming that beach in 1969?"

Many of the leavings from WW2 I've been picking up the last twenty years, since coming home from Arizona, seem to have "fallen off trucks". Oddly, that is often more accurate and uncomfortable than some of us would prefer.

It's the age of the internet, where crackpots and liars not only dominate, they're the only voices lots of these miserable dimwits even hear.

actually,

that may be the Garand that Lincoln was carrying when he was crossing the Delaware on the way to sack Sparta,,,,,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.