Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to purchase a M1 carbine Serial #4655525, Quality Hardware and machine Co. I was wondering what yalls thoughts are and what you think is a good price to pay. I have seen the 2020 blue book value while doing research and it looks like it is a type 3. It has about 400 rounds of ammo.

Looking forward to your expertise.
Handwriting Rectangle Font Writing Parallel
Wood Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun
Wood Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Shelving
Wood Gun barrel Air gun Hardwood Tool

· Silver Bullet Member
281 Posts
A major factor is whether or not the barrel has been stamped with an import mark. BLUE SKY is an awful feature to have, and cuts the price by hundreds. The small import mark on bottom of the barrel (tiny) is detrimental, but not nearly as bad as the BLUE SKY.
Bore erosion can be checked with a .30-06 bullet if you have no gauges. The brass should stand off from the muzzle by 1/4" or so if it's not shot out.
QHMC carbines are otten in better condition than others, in my experience.
If the stock hasn't been disfigured in any way, that's good. If it has the original arsenal markings (on right side of butt stock) that's a big plus.
The maker of the barrel is important too, and I've generally seen Rock-Ola and Underwood barrels on QHMC carbines.
If all of the features I've mentioned are good (no import mark, no after-market parts, no alterations other than US armory upgrades, etc., price between $1,000 and $1,600. If the sling and oiler are military issue, add $50. Mags should be USGI ($25-30 each) but if aftermarket not over $10 each.

The Wolf ammo isn't great, kinda dirty, but still decent ammo. Allow no more than $20 a box for that, IMHO. The M2 stock is a slight detractor, take off $100 from the price.

Hope it's a good one, and you get it "right", price wise.

· Registered
64 Posts
Another vote to see if it's import marked or not and need to know barrel gauge

How much ammo is in the deal? I see 800 rounds of Wolf and 800 of what looks like brass cased. Keep the latter, avoid the former. I would offer $20 bucks a box for the brass cased and $15 for the Wolf then sell the Wolf at cost. Wolf is rough on extractors from what I hear

· Registered
771 Posts
The handful of Blue Sky imports I have seen the barrels were either shot out, or nearly so. Other issues too.

· Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Blue sky import caps the price at $900 for me. I may be more generous than others. Blue Sky is not considered very well in the M1 catagory. Worth the sum of the parts minus the barrel.
John

· Registered
64 Posts
$2200.

With the pictures of the barrel is it imported?
That asking price is insane for a Blue Sky marked one. Hell, you can get a new production USGI spec Fulton Armory made one for $2400. Hell, here's a USGI on Gunbroker for $1300 buy it now.

I would tell that guy good luck and find another sucker to sell it to

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.