Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this SA rebuild last week for $950. NPM , SN 19666## ,with an Underwood barrel dated 12-42. Front band, rear sight and stock are marked SA. Flat parked bolt. LW replacement stock. Appears un-used since rebuild.

·
Registered
17,732 Posts
I have an early Inland (1943) that looks unissued as well with all the correct early features. All it has is a 1950s inspection mark on the stock, nothing looks like its been changed. Most cases i would be wary due to the love of part swapping.. but since its been in the family since the 1950s.. not to worried ;). Asked the CMP guys and they say a few carbine through the arsenal were just looked over and if nothing was needed just placed the mark on the stock.

Yours looks like a fine example. Very very nice.

Is it your first?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Very nice.
I sure love mine but I just can't seem to keep enough ammo in stock to feed the hungry little bugger.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Someone cut the bayonet lug off the front band, SA didn't make the Type 2 band, i.e. the wide band without bayonet lug.
And it would not have been SA during rebuild, as all would have been brought up to the final specification with the lug.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
SA/SHM was Col. Steven H. MacGregor. He was only at SA from Nov. 1945 to August 1947. His stamp on your carbine is nice and sharp. The stock is not an SA stock. It is a late war replacement made by the Lumb Woodworking Co. Over all it's a nice one and should be a good shooter for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.