Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

cleaned it with a lot of Ballistol and 000 wool.
The nose cap has a tilted crown, barrel, receiver stock, bolt , but plate, handguard have the same SN
The only different I found was the nose cap and bolt" retainer"
Wood was soaked in a lot of grease and was difficult to loose.
Wood I don't know, maybe a replacementt beech after the altering of the nose cap.
It shoots well at 100 meters and cicks a little more then the 96.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,204 Posts
What do you want to know ? It is a M-94/14 ( w/bayonet lug ) . It appears to be a typical arsenal rebuild . Late rebuilds are known to have recycled replacement parts . The Swedes had stopped making parts post WW2 , so they used what ever was available to keep them in service . Good that you don't have the barrel extension . Beech replacement stocks are common . A carbine will kick harder than a M-96 rifle & they are louder as well . By the way , Poyer's book is full of many errors . The best book on the subject is " Crown Jewels - the Mauser in Sweden " by Dana Jones .

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,204 Posts
You may be able to buy the book off of EBAY with Paypal or from the publisher in Canada , Collector Grade Publications Inc.

Book # ISBN 0-88935-283-6

I have heard that the Norma ammo is a little hot , but I believe it is still being used in Sweden . The standard M-41 military ( 139 grain ) ammo has a muzzle velocity of 720 m/sec in the M-94 carbine . 790 m/sec in the M96 & 765 m/sec in the M-38 . Compare your ammo with these numbers & use your best judgement .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts