Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you seen the m/94 for sale on gunbroker - its at $2,476 right now!!!!! Text states "The stock disc and bottom sling swivel have been arsenal plugged", don't think so.....

What do you guys think - worth it????

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,911 Posts
That is not an arsenal plug , but a refinished stock ( not arsenal ) !!!!!!!!! However , it is one of only a few 1895 Mauser m/94 carbines that were not modified for the bayonet lug . I was surprised at the price so far . I doubt it goes much higher . The price has not moved in a while .

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is not an arsenal plug , but a refinished stock ( not arsenal ) !!!!!!!!! However , it is one of only a few 1895 Mauser m/94 carbines that were not modified for the bayonet lug . I was surprised at the price so far . I doubt it goes much higher . The price has not moved in a while .
In your opinion - is the m/94 worth more than the m/94-14 regardless of the year produced?

·
8,911 Posts
In your opinion - is the m/94 worth more than the m/94-14 regardless of the year produced?
It sure is !!!!! We do not know how many m/94's were converted , but we see way more m/94-14's than m/94's . I am only guessing at least 75% converted ????? The date was of no importance to the Swedish military when converting m/94's . A carbine is a carbine to the military . I see m/94's dated 1916 or earlier . Not many in 1917 and I have only seen one m/94 dated 1918 . About a 1,000 m/94-14's dated 1932 , although I have not seen all of them . Could be a m/94 in those ? A few m/94-14's dated 1929 & 1930 , but unknown if any m/94's in that time period ?

I think any m/94 is worth more than a m/94-14 , if the condition is the same . I would take a mint m/94-14 over a beat up m/94 .

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Whats even harder to find is an unconverted M94 carbine that never had a barrel extension put on it by the importers.
Dan

Reactions: Stewbaby

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Stupid money because its pre 1899..... Arsenal done... yeah right.......

This guy must have been a used car salesman at one time......

The stock was definately messed with, look how proud the mag housing is from the side and the finish is wrong....

Just my n2 cents......

·
8,911 Posts
Just because someone pays a lot of money for a rifle , that does not mean it is correct or that he knows what he is buying ????????????? As long as he is happy with it , more power to him !

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
To me for a seller to say the stock disk were filled in while in service and not by Bubba is just plain misrepresentation.......

I would have a red flag as to what else that he thinks is correct about the rifle

·
8,911 Posts
I agree with you . However , you should know what you are buying . Must be a Newbie collector ! You cannot believe everything you see on the internet anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole stock has been sanded & not in the arsenal . That makes it look good .

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
That's a pretty high price,
I just got this 1895 made off gunbroker for $700.00. Best to shop around

·
8,911 Posts
NO !
I can only guess , maybe 75% converted . Nothing to back that up except my personal observations .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Whats even harder to find is an unconverted M94 carbine that never had a barrel extension put on it by the importers.
Dan
Regarding the barrel extensions, I believe I had read somewhere that the extensions were added by the importers to avoid the carbines being classified as short-barrel rifles. As I recall, these barrel extensions were later deemed unnecessary. Am I mistaken?

·
8,911 Posts
The m/94 carbines had 17.7" barrels and did not meet the required 18" length to be legal in the USA . Many were imported with the barrel extensions to meet the 18" length . Interarms sued BATF and won in court . The legal limit for rifles was reduced to 16" . Shotguns are still 18" . How many that were imported with the 17.7" barrel is unknown ? From what I have seen , most have the extensions .

·
Registered
437 Posts
I got "pinched" by this technicality in Canada years ago. When I got my little Oviedo saddle ring carbine (almost identical to the Swede 94) there were no restrictions on such weapons and also no requirement to register long guns.

That ALL changed a few years later when there was a compulsory long gun registry...miraculously...now my carbine was a "restricted" weapon because of the barrel length. My Swedish sniper rifle also was categorized as a "restricted" weapon because it had the word "SNIPER" as part of its nomenclature. A scoped rifle (even with better optics), without "SNIPER" in it's description was not in the restricted category!!

Public policy can get pretty wonky?!?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well of course that makes perfect sense. Common sense, according to some. It's for the children, of course. Right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts