Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Mosin collectors, I know that the "Chat" Bayonets and metal tube Scabbards are Hard to find But does anyone of you have either of these ???, what might their individual Value be ???, These would be from 1892 thru 1895 ???, Please give input/opinions, Thanks

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Metal
Product Bicycle fork
Pipe

Here are two more.
BTW KH's Chatellerault scabbard is one of only 200 made.
Joe

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
I am interested in the approximate US value of a Chatellerault bayonet and Chatellerault scabbard also. Any guesses?

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I am interested in the approximate US value of a Chatellerault bayonet and Chatellerault scabbard also. Any guesses?
I think your Chatellerault bayonet and scabbard are the only one's I have seen posted anywhere....pretty rare....
I have no idea the value - Before the U.S. economy tanked much more - Now less - Specialty buyers for sure as most folks balk at paying more for a bayonet than they would for a rifle, or ten rifles....:)

Pahtu.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
A nice Chatellerault bayonet should bring around $200. The scabbard is a bayonet collector's dream and I would guess that it should bring on the order of $500-700? to a bayonet collector. It's like wire cutters etc. there just aren't that many around! Pahtu is right, the guys who buy refurbs and surplus aren't going to pay for it - they won't even pay a decent price for nice examples that aren't refurbed.
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts