Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Laminated MN M-44 with RWD Barrel Shank marking, also Arabic numbers on stock. Never seen one with this marking, anyone know what it is?

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
Show me a picture of the whole marking scheme on the receiver

·
Premium Member
105,713 Posts
That is an odd one. Can't recall ever seeing anything similar. As far as the receiver markings, stock painting can be seen from time to time though.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Is there any other marks on the stock? Is it import marked? I'm completly stumped on this one. Did this come from North China Arms by chance?

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
Those marks are on the barrel, not the receiver! If I didn't know better I'd think y'all were a bunch of noobs! :rolleyes::D

Very interesting and I've never seen anything like it. I'd assume it's from somewhere in the middle east based on the stock mark. I'm also curious about any tang marks as that might give a clue.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Don't know what it is but I WANT IT! Matched numbers? What set of numbers is it matched with? Oh...and if you haven't already bought this....RUN and buy it!

·
Administrator
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ted I changed the heading just for you! No reveiver markings, except small box marking also seen on barrel shank. Canadian import so no US import marking on it, probably out of Syria or Egypt. The only reason I bought it, is because of the unknown marking I had never seen before. Serial numbers match 31395 on all major parts.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jean, that looks like the M44 that was at the Ancaster Gun Show on Sunday. I looked it over, noting the Arabic markings, but was unsure of the barrel stamps. The young lad sitting behind the table new nothing about it (seemed quite bored) and the owner was strolling around and not to be found. Could it have been rebarreled in the Middle East?
I passed on it, but finally found the Soviet M40 helmet (size P2, Leningrad Metalurgical Factory, stamped 1948 in very good plus condition ) I had been looking for. Interesting catch. Remove the stock and let us know what you find.

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
The barrel markings look very similar to that of the East German company Suhl that made barrel for the 91/30 rifles used as snipers in the DDR and rebuilt there. I'll post a picture of a DDR made barrel for you with the markings. I don't know what the RWD stands for but the serial sequence is very familiar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts