Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen (assuming that there are no women on this board either - if there are, please excuse me!),

I picked up an M/40 tonight, my first Swedish pistol since I sold my M/1907 years ago. Being new to these pistols, I was wondering about production date and other details. Serial number 696XX. The grip plates are brown, as opposed to the black ones I've seen on other guns. Also, there are crowned SS initials on the rear of the frame, which I understand means that is was inspected by Sten Stenmo. Did he inspect Air Force guns only? One of my sources say so. Any and all information about this gun will be highly appreciated. I'm trying to include some pictures.

Regards,

Balder

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Totaly around 97000 was made. The last was put together June 1946 and is shown on this pic (from a Husqvarna factory magazine "Insyn" no 7 1946).

Regards,
ARILAR

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There isn't much sun where? Don't be keeping secrets:)

Somewhere in the 3 pages of this forum are some messages on the m/40 with disassembly and other information.. hopefully it made it over from the old forum. If not I'll have to re-do them.

Since its late summer in the northern hemisphere I'm going to guess you're in the southern hemisphere like Austrailia, New Zealand or Zuid Afrika?

Dutchman

·
2,661 Posts
See the top of the forum. I just made a new permenent topic for the m/40 diagrams.

Dutchman

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I am still trying to find out its production date and the significance of the red/brownish grip plates.

Balder

BTW, I live in Norway

·
2,661 Posts
Far as I understand and I'm not bubbling over in knowledge of the m/40, but the black grip panels are for the air force and the brown for army.

Dutchman

·
1,295 Posts
The black grips were also used on the Danish contract (D prefix serial numbers) and the commercial (H prefix serial numbers) guns.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
I have a m/40 Lahti with Danish police marking but it has the "red" grips and no D prefix on the serial number?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts