Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,527 Posts
Stone cold mint Tikka's with hang tags. Bet they sell out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you bought one of the mint Tikkas with the hang tag would you remove the hang tag and shoot it? I am just wondering. They are beautiful. I am also thinking of purchasing one but I want to shoot it not look at it!:)

·
Registered
918 Posts
If you bought one of the mint Tikkas with the hang tag would you remove the hang tag and shoot it? I am just wondering. They are beautiful. I am also thinking of purchasing one but I want to shoot it not look at it!:)
I wouldn't shoot it. Get one that is a little used for that.

D

·
0 Posts
Grab It!!!

I bought one already. A 1943-dated Tikka built on an antique Tula receiver with an excellent-plus, bright, shiny bore.

The picture simply does NOT do these rifles justice, and you will never find one like the ones Empire has. The quality just can't be matched. My unsolicited advice is to grab one NOW, because there won't be any more coming in again, ever, and the prices will only go up.

I plan to remove the tag and shoot mine, since they were made to be fired (and for those who love them, enjoyed). Take good care of it and you will enjoy it for a lifetime.

Just MHO...

Scott

·
Registered
918 Posts
\

I plan to remove the tag and shoot mine, since they were made to be fired (and for those who love them, enjoyed). Take good care of it and you will enjoy it for a lifetime.

Just MHO...

Scott
True... but they were also intended to be used when shots were being fired back, but I have no intention to do that. ;)

I like the idea of keeping the new ones new. Keep some exactly as they were built and the others as they were used, I say.

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Dennis' rifles are ALWAYS as advertised. I got a Tikka a few years ago from IO when they were about $400 IIRC. No hang tag, but they were the most expensive M39s I had ever seen. I think the price for these is very reasonable, and mine will never see me put a round through it. Not that it's a safe queen, but I have so many rifles that I have never shot, that it's like, why tempt fate? Mine is darn near perfect, and I don't want to chance dropping it or rubbing it on the concrete shooting platform, when I have a beat looking VKT that can shoot a whole lot better than I can.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
"If you bought one of the mint Tikkas with the hang tag would you remove the hang tag and shoot it? I am just wondering. They are beautiful. I am also thinking of purchasing one but I want to shoot it not look at it!"

Boy, I never stopped to consider preserving the rifle as pristine - I removed the tag & blazed away......Glad I did

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Have several from a couple years ago. All had tags. A couple have been sold, one has been fired and one never will be. The one that has been fired shot exceptionally well.

One of these below is still sitting in a box, waiting to ship to its new owner, who is a mamber here. Don't know if he plans to shoot it or not. Perhaps he will chime in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was looking at the other M39s he has listed under the Tikkas and if they look anything like what is pictured, I want one. How fast do you think they will go? One more week until payday.

:)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Buy yourself one and shoot the hell out of it. Guns were made to be shot not looked at. IMHO

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
Needless to say I am with Spetznatz! I have shot my M27RV quite few times and find that since I have shot it the bore is much shinier and the trigger has losened to a crisp pull I really like! Rifles are made to be shot regardless of what they are like when I get them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts