Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a 1967 dated M 39. It came with 3 stocks, standard pistol grip, an unmarked straight stock with no
Sako cartouche, and a stock made from a heavy solid chunk of wood. This last stock is the one that
its former owner said that it came with. Very precisely inletted, straight piece of .... birch?
with a rubber recoil pad mounted onto a piece of steel. I am guessing this to be a Finnish
target stock? The military straight stock is the only one I recall seeing without Sako marking.
Anyone know about either of these?

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,387 Posts
What the hell is THAT? I want one!!!!!!

It's BEAUTIFUL!

WOW.............

Regards, ARG

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
What the hell is THAT? I want one!!!!!!

It's BEAUTIFUL!

WOW.............

Regards, ARG
I don't have one. That is Finnish Army sniper/competition equipment, I believe. Can't dredge up the particulars or Model from my mind, but the guys at the Sniper Forum are full of knowledge on these.

Royke, I'm taking a wild A$$ed guess without a pic of your "hunk of wood", but could that be an amorer's device for sighting and/or adjusting of barreled actions of the M-39? I think I remember reading something about these. One of the real experts here is bound to know.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
is it? If so then it looked home made.
Got that pic along with this, so that's why I say it is Finn Army competition/sniper type. I simply can't remember the post these came from and the history of posts went away with the new forum. Someone will remember, I am sure.

·
Premium Member
105,709 Posts
Its the TAK-85. Finnish sniper before the adoption of the Accuracy International in .338 Lapua Mag. The last part is an, IIRC kind of comment.

Some of these have target sights, but they are snipers. I've learned about all I can about these in the past two years.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Its the TAK-85. Finnish sniper before the adoption of the Accuracy International in .338 Lapua Mag. The last part is an, IIRC kind of comment.

Some of these have target sights, but they are snipers. I've learned about all I can about these in the past two years.
Thank you Sean. I just could not remember the model #.

I believe this is the competition model below.

·
Moderator & Gaseous Substance Inspector
1,121 Posts

By my knowledge Finnish Army is not using Accuracy international rifles. Here are the types that are listed on FDF web pages:
http://www.mil.fi/maavoimat/kalustoesittely/index.dsp?level=64

·
Premium Member
105,709 Posts
Well I can see that "If I recall correctly" is NOT CORRECTLY. I wish I could find the English version on the website.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, they are re-used receivers.
Ted, any thoughts on my stocks? Oh, the blocky one has a piece of aluminium with a T-slot
milled into it on the front bottom part of the stock. How about the unmarked M39 straight
stock?

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
Ted, any thoughts on my stocks? Oh, the blocky one has a piece of aluminium with a T-slot
milled into it on the front bottom part of the stock. How about the unmarked M39 straight
stock?
Sorry, not really. I don't know much about the less common Finnish target models. I wonder if the "unmarked" stock was just sanded at some time.

·
Premium Member
105,709 Posts
I recall someone making an M39 target stock in finland, therefore target rifle, that looked like it was just a piece of straight wood with a buttplate. Im sure that Alko, Lemmy, jorma, or some of our other Finnish brethren might be able to provide a pic of what I am thinking of.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I recall someone making an M39 target stock in finland, therefore target rifle, that looked like it was just a piece of straight wood with a buttplate. Im sure that Alko, Lemmy, jorma, or some of our other Finnish brethren might be able to provide a pic of what I am thinking of.
That sounds like what I have.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is this familiar to any of you Finnish gentleman?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Shyquestor,
The rifle in the photo is a beatiful one!!!!!

Looks like a Biathlon rifle to me.
Maybe the Soviet C-59 or the finn M28/57.

I don't think the " Vostock" biathlon rifle.

Best regards.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

I read somewhere that the Finns were using the Barrett 50 BMG.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts