Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again another one from the 90's.Finnish M-28 in a M-27 RV stock with the lower 360 sling swivel and no lower slot in the butt stock.Another friend of mine used to go to Sile distributors and they had a pile of M-28 and 28/30 at the time. He would set up at the Lima OH Gunshow and I would always go to his table first to see what he had.This rifle has a much wider upper sling swivel than the usual ones on Finnish Mosin Nagants.
Metal
Material property Cylinder
Trigger Metal
Fishing lure Bait Fishing bait
Metal Cylinder Steel Brass Pipe
Metal
Shotgun Metal
Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun Shotgun

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Shouldn't an rv have a pass through sling slot and a reliefcut for the bolt handle.

Looks like a m28 in a later style m27 popsicle stick stock
Yes. I believe its an m27 "ski trooper" stock fitted to an M28. Very cool, somewhat uncommon but not unseen before. What is a little interesting is there is a place where a former stock disc appears to have existed but yet the late but still wartime round escutcheon on the fore-stock. My guess (and only that) is that it was swapped into an M27 stock post war and that stock consisted of a re-used older butt stock spliced onto a newer fore end. The front sling hanger is an old version but also not unseen on Finnish guns. It is sort of a Frankenstein all around.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
More likely it is a post war refurbishment, just a generic stock, to fit any remaining M28s in inventory.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the RV is the carbine.My mistake.To me the M-27 with no sling slot and the 360 degree external swivel was a Mounted troop issue.However I cannot find anything in Marku's books that I am able to read,just the chapter summary's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.