Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a Luger 9mm pistol for sale at the range shop.
It's an 1914 dated Erfurt, all matching, wooden grips and handle with slot for shoulder stock. Regular barrel lenght ("infantry" model). No holster and only one mag (aluminium bottom). Original blueing 60-70 percent. Asking price is 800, and he MEANS 800. What do you think ?
Best Regards, A

·
Gold Bullet member
9,506 Posts
Is the price in Euros or Dollars?

Are you interested in the pistol as a shooter, or as a collectible?

If you want to shoot it, bore condition will be the primary consideration.

I would suggest asking if you can fire it before buying. If the pistol functions reliably, feels "right" in your hand, and puts bullets where you want, the P 08 will "talk" to you and make the decision for you. :)

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Hello Andrey. I recently paid $1,000 dollars for a standard WWII Luger that was all matching except the mag and 85 to 90% finish. John Sukey is right. Lugers aren't being made anymore. They will only go up in value. I consider the Luger to be "working art" so I had to have one. Now I have three!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good morning Gents,
Yes, over here too price is always over 1000 (euros) IF you can locate a decent one.
This example is a "left behind" from the war, has been handled more than shot.
Of course I'd have to check the bore before buying, but everybody needs at least one Luger, right?
And it would be a better investment than money in the bank.
Just trying to convince myself here ;-)
BRGDS, A

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Their are two types of 4 inch 1914 Efruts one that was made with surplus LPO8 barrels that was shorten these are commonly called mutt Lugers. And the other one which is higlhy sought after came with a factory made four inch barrel. The shorten LPO8 barrel will have a slot where the rear adjustable sight used to be.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looked like a regular barrel to me. I'll have another look at it on friday and check form addtl markings and such. Finish is some kind of shiny blue.

Brgds, A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.