Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due partly to restrictions in owning Browning-type handguns used by the military there, Lugers were very popular Siam and Thailand. Here are some surviving examples that you guys might find interesting. Enjoy.

Frank

Attachments

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
77,303 Posts
I have two Thai marked Artillery lugers. Marked with the Mauser Banner. A few were brought into this country in either 1980 or 1981, and they are now very seldom seen for sale.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Charlie;

I am re-writing my Siamese Mauser book and have included a chapter on pistols as part of the general overview of Siamese/Thai weapons 1870-2014 . I have many listed including the serial numbers and Thai property numbers.

Here is what I have so far:

Mauser Banner pistols with known Siamese markings:

3453v with ๑๘๕ (185) 3545v with ๒๘๘ (288) 4587v with ๔๖๘ (468)
3551v with ๒๙๔ (294) 4202v with ๓๗๐ (370) 4593v with ๔๗๔ (474)

To the left of the Thai numbers is the Kodhasri property mark of the Royal Siamese Army. Long story there.

Can you send me a PM with your serial number and the markings on the rear if it is not listed? I can translate them for you and keep your name confidential if you wish.

Thanks.

Frank

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
77,303 Posts
I am getting ready for the Tulsa show, for which I will be leaving Thursday morning. After I return, I can look for them. As to the Thai markings, it would be easier for me if I were to take an image of those and send that.

According to my written list, both are dated 1936.

Earlier I believe that I gave you pictures of my Thai marked Hi Power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.