Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a Luger for awhile. I'm traveling and visited long time, well established LGS. I meet the owner and tell him I'm looking for a WWII Luger. He brings out the one pictured below. Negotiated $100.00 off or $1,895.00.

I hope the pix are enough to get your comments on the gun and price. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
You got yourself a beautiful byf 42 luger. I'm a little surprised you had to give as much as you paid for it. The piece is definitely a collector and not a shooter if everything matches and the original finish is at least 90% + , which it appears to be. I guess collectable lugers are going for that kind of money these days but I would have considered $1500 to be a very fair price for that piece. Congrats. on finding the luger of your dreams.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't seen bought it yet. If I do, I have to pay for it then. Owner says he also has a number of original PO8 holsters from which I could pick. I'm also looking at a numbers matching P38 from same store (see my other thread with pix). Maybe I can get the holster if I purchase both.

The only way I can consider this is because in the last year I've won two pistols in a raffle. I'm going to either sell both, or perhaps trade them in. Either will soften the pain by $700-$900, depending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
That seems to be on the high side to me...the finish appears original and good condition though. Is the holster he is offering included in the price? Also, I would ask to take it apart so you can ensure it's all matching. Finally, is that an FXO marked mag or a modern replacement. These small things determine value on P.08's.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kilroy. Only mark on mag is the Waffenamt with number 359. There is a gunsmith at the store. I'll ask him to take it apart to look on Thursday. He knows Lugers well.

I would like more to "chime in" with comments!

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.