Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a Lucid HD7 Gen III Red Dot on an AR-15..?? I have my eye on one of these at a great price. They get very good reviews as a mid-priced optic with high end features usually found on far more expensive optics.

Was hoping to hear opinions from anyone here that might have one.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've got one on mine and I love it. Seems to hold a zero from what I've shot so far. Looks great and seems incredibly durable. The reason I say "seems" allot is because I have only ran maybe 200+ rounds with it, and haven't done any "torture tests" on it. The optics are super clear, 4 different reticle choices. All knob covers and battery cover have nice solid cables to keep you from losing them. I really liked that. Batteries last forever.

My only grip is that there seems to be a small box inside that can be distracting while looking through. But other than that it's an awesome scope especially for the price. It's like a poor mans acog.

M1 Garand: late '44 Springfield
1903A3: Early '43 Remington

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got one on mine and I love it. Seems to hold a zero from what I've shot so far. Looks great and seems incredibly durable. The reason I say "seems" allot is because I have only ran maybe 200+ rounds with it, and haven't done any "torture tests" on it. The optics are super clear, 4 different reticle choices. All knob covers and battery cover have nice solid cables to keep you from losing them. I really liked that. Batteries last forever.

My only grip is that there seems to be a small box inside that can be distracting while looking through. But other than that it's an awesome scope especially for the price. It's like a poor mans acog.
View attachment 779833

Thanks for the reply Garrett. I'm not sure what you mean by the "small box", but some of the pics I've seen posted on the internet show a small black rectangular shape in the left hand field of view at about the 9 o'clock position, from what I can tell it seems like this "shape" is smaller the closer your eye is to the optic, and somewhat larger the further away you are, at least that's the way appears in the pics I've seen that people have posted online.

I ordered one this AM from one of my "go to" sources for optics and accessories, they had a promotion going that I took advantage of, and I got the optic and an American Defense quick detach mount that is made specifically for this unit. I might do a short review of this after I've had a chance to mount it and try it out. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
523 Posts
That small rectangular shape is exactly what I was talking about. Very accurate description. Just didn't know how to put it into words, lol!

I got a great deal on one too which is why I pulled the trigger on it, and have been completely happy so far.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
It's called the emitter. (@09:00) Once you eyeball your target and start shooting you don't notice it anymore.

I don't own a AR but I have that optic on one of my PTR91's, so far so good. It holds zero nicely using .308.

Very nice Red Dot for the Money, go for it.

HDH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts