Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Thats a pretty foul act, dumping in a mans rifle case.
If you are feeling really vindictive send it postage paid to someone and 'dump' it with them.

Reminds me of a true story (in the UK) - and it was only 4 or 5 years ago,

The Anti-Gun / anti hunting fraternity were looking for 'signatures' to support some bill going into Parliament so they set up a 'Free-Post' service so supporters could send in their 'signatures'. Obviously the Anti-gun/hunt lobby had to pay for this service.
Apparently they received 10s of thousands of copies of telephone directories, (now who would send a telephone directory bearing in mind what that would cost to post, Oh - I forgot, it is 'Freepost' !!! ?) and it cost them an absolute fortune - set their finances back for a long time

·
2,751 Posts
...and when I came back to grab it, you'd already left! Doesn't matter mate, just stick it in the post and I'll have it back Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, it's a restoration project for it's current owner that bought it in the '60s and used it for fullbore competition until the Omarks came out. The deal is I restore it and it's mine when he gives up the ghost as his son and grandsons have no interest in useless old clunkers. Seeing he's in his early '80s I don't think I should have too long to wait.:tisk:

As to postals and cheating, I'm playing around with traditional stocking methods to see how good I can get the SMLE to go. I can assure everyone that centre bedding a SMLE is more trouble than it's worth. I still cant better the 4-8 under the knox and rubber nose.

Anyone else here shooting SMLE on ICFRA targets? Low to mid 40s seems to be my par at the moment:mad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts