Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of us today had our annual "shootout". Once a year we paintball in the morning, shoot blue rocks after lunch, and at steel plates at different distances with any firearm anyone wants to bring. I took my MN91/59, Garand, M1A, and a new AK that I hadn't fired yet. Started to drizzle so it didn't take long to get everyone/everything wet. NOBODY had ever shot a MN before, and since it was cloudy and dark, they were all impressed with the fireball. Gave everyone a chance at it, and they all loved it. Had an 18" steel pendant hanging at a hundred yards, and everyone was hitting regularly (even tho everyone was whining about how bad it kicked! LOL). I know 18" is a little large, but I think its pretty decent that everyone was hitting it, since no one had fired one before, and most were shooting offhand or leaning against a tree. Left the Garand cased since it was wet. The AK proved to be darned accurate, I was happy with it. The best shooter tho, was probably the M1A, deadly out to 200. I'm the only one with milsurps and everyone wanted to shoot them. Next year the rest of the safe will have to be taken out for everyone to try. If the weather would have been nicer I would have taken more. Anyway, I love shooting the 91/59, its really the favorite of my MN's. And I need to shoot it as much as I can.....my 24 year old daughter has claimed it already and I think I'll end up losing it! Greg

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
A bad day shooting beats a good day at work!! Hmmm, your daughter is eyeing that 91-59.....good reason to find another!! =+)

Pahtu.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'll bet that M1A is deadly farther away than that!

Sounds like a great day out in nature...

Tiledude

1 - 5 of 5 Posts